Life in the Wight House

Monday, November 9, 2009

Scrapbooking Page: Paris, France

I have been a Layout Artist for Scrap Girls since May of this year. It has been fun. I love digital scrapbooking, I love Scrap Girl's products, and I love getting free stuff. As a Layout Artist I am required to submit 3 layout pages a month to be showcased in the Scrap Girls newsletter along with a mini how-to tutorial. My layouts are usually seen in the Monday newsletter. This page spread was in today's letter. The assignment was to use 5 or more pictures.

Full Spread:

Left Side:

Right Side:

I have so many pictures from our trip to France and Belgium last year. I still haven't sat down to scrap them all. I was excited about this assignment because not only are we given a certain subject to scrap but we are also given a certain product designer to focus on as well. For this assignment I was to use Caroline Kaiser's digital products. Caroline is from Luxembourg which is just below Belgium and she had just finished a collection called A Tour Across Europe. This inspired me to pull out our pictures from Europe and get to work. I really love how this page turned out and was really able to highlight many of the things we saw and did while in Paris.
Full list of Supplies: Here
Journaling:
“Sweet Dreams, in Paris” Not sure how that phrase started, but we used to say it to each other each night when we were dating in High School. I guess we have always dreamed of spending some time together in Paris. We even bought an Eiffel Tower lamp when we were first married. It sits on our night stand, sort of whispering dreams from Paris into our ears. I guess dreams do come true when you want it badly enough. But I never thought it would happen so soon in our lives. We made our trip to Paris the Summer of 2008. Jared was to go on business travel in Southern France. After which he was to travel to Belgium for another week or two. I was not about to let him spend three weeks in Europe with out me, especially since the trip would happen over our 6th wedding Anniversary. So we made arrangements to meet up in Paris after his time was done in Southern France. Grandma Sammie came to watch to kids for a week and I flew out to Paris. We spent three days in Paris and then took a train together over to Belgium.
Paris was indeed beautiful. However, once was enough for me. It had some amazing sites to see and terrific food. But it was just a big city with smelly ally ways. We did enjoy dinner on the Eiffel Tower and loved our time walking around the old cathedrals and cobblestone streets. We went inside the Notre Dame, saw the little Statue of Liberty, and took a bus tour around the city, and a river cruise as well. Our favorite stop was the Louvre. We spent three hours inside and barely scratched the surface. I could easily go back and enjoy more inside that magnificent building. The architect was of course our favorite. We can now say we have been to Paris. If we ever get a chance to go back, I would love to explore more of the French country side. I wouldn’t mind going back to Paris again, but I would much rather explore other areas. Au revoi, Paris.

1 comment:

Sammie said...

Beautiful! I AM so glad you got to experience such a wonderful vacation together!