Life in the Wight House

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve

Santa sent both Savannah and RJ a message via His Portable North Pole System. Boy did their eyes light up. If you would like to see their messages you can click on these links.

RJ's Message:


Savannah's Message:


The other night RJ wasn't listening and I told him that Santa was watching. This is what he said:
"Mom, I already know I am on the naughty list. It is just too hard to be good. But it's OK, I don't need a gift from Santa because I still get presents from my Grandmas and Grandpas." What a little smarty pants!


We saw Santa at the Mall the other day. I really wanted to take the kids to sit on his lap but the line was outrageous. Savannah was begging me and I would have given in but RJ wasn't into it. He said he didn't want to see Santa because he was too shy. I think it was because he didn't want to be told he was on the naughty list. I'm sure he didn't want to confess his sins.


I tired to tell him that we all make mistakes and that we just need to try our best. I'm sure Santa will know if you are "trying" to be good.


RJ was pretty excited to hear he got a message from Santa but he was still pretty nervous to watch it. When Santa asked if he had been naughty or nice, RJ hesitated. Santa pulled out his book and turned to RJ's page and low and behold he was on the nice list. You should have seen RJ's face. It broke out into the hugest smile and the excitement and magic of Christmas just sparkled from his eyes. Santa told him that he noticed how he has been good in school and to keep trying his best. He also said that he might be able to get him that Indiana Jones Lego Wii game he wanted so bad. Needless to say, RJ was on cloud nine after Santa's message.


Savannah also beamed with delight as she watched her message. I wish I could have captured it. She was just so thrilled. She answered all of Santa's questions and gave him a big wave goodbye. Afterwards she went and gave a little wooden Santa doll we have displayed a big huge hug. Children are so fun and cute to watch at this age. Christmas is just so much more magical with them.


Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Hope it is Magical and Hope the spirit of Christ is with you. Merry Christmas

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,
Looks like Idaho in VA.
First time I checked out the Wight Family Blog; very nice.
Looks like your doing great and having lots for winter/xmass fun.
Have a wonder Christmas. Hugs for everyone.
Glenn

Sammie said...

Oh my! I'm sorry we have given them an excuse to be bad. But the stories are absolutely adorable! Kids say the cutest things!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aleena said...

That is VERY cute! I know Jonah shared similar fears with RJ about being on the naughty list!