Life in the Wight House

Friday, June 11, 2010

Thing of the past

The other day RJ was reading a story in which a duck was late to his friends birthday party. All kinds of things were causing him bad luck. One of which was a bus he was riding broke down and everyone was ordered off. After getting off the bus the duck decided to find a phone to call his friend and let her know he was on his way.
After reading this RJ stopped and became very confused. "Find a phone?" He asks. As I looked at his face I can tell he is very confused and then it dawned on me. In this day of age there is no need to find a phone. Everyone usually has a cell phone with them. And how many working pay phones do we really yes now a days? Hardly any, they are definitely a thing of the past.
Wow, I'm becoming old!

2 comments:

Geniel Bartley said...

What things we learn from our children.

Nathan and Gemma said...

oh wow I'm old too! I didn't think anything of it. Can you imagine his face if you told him phones used to be corded! argh!