Life in the Wight House

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Our Primary Program

Two weeks ago we had our primary program in our church. This was Savannah's first Primary Program, she was very excited to be a part of the program. Now, every primary program has a kid or two that takes center stage. Well, this year that kid was Savannah. She sang her little heart out, even when she didn't know the correct words. She even sang an unexpected solo. I teach the 4/5 year old primary class, so I was on the stand with the children. I was having a hard time not laughing through the whole program at my daughters spirit. I was both proud of her and a little red in the face from the attention knowing people weren't only looking at her but at my reaction as well. We have had so many people comment on how much they enjoyed her singing and that she made the program that much more enjoyable. I so wish I could have had a video camera. Even the Bishop made a comment, during his closing marks in the program, about how much he enjoyed Savannah's enthusiasm and spirit. Unfortunately, Savannah missed his compliment. After the final song, just before the Bishop got up to make his remarks, Savannah fell asleep, right there on the stand. It was hilarious! She seriously put that much energy into singing, it wore her out. Yes, I am bragging about my daughter, but that is what a blog is for. I am so proud of her sweet enthusiastic spirit. Bravo, Savannah!
And I can't forget RJ, he did a great job in the program as well. He memorized and presented his part well and he knew all the songs as well. He worked so hard learning all the songs for the program, and it paid off. Good job, Bud!
We love you both and are so proud of you.

4 comments:

Shorter family said...

That seriously was awesome!!! I will forever remember how cute Savannah was!

Geniel Bartley said...

Wish I could have seen and heard. We had our program yesterday.

Aleena said...

Love that! Good job RJ and Savannah! I'll be posting about our program soon!

Mike and Nikki said...

So sweet! I love the bragging Jen and that your sweet girl puts her all into what she does!