Life in the Wight House

Friday, December 17, 2010

Our week thus far

Last weekend we had our ward Christmas party. In preparation for it, we were invited to a friends house for lunch and gingerbread house decorating. It was fun. Savannah and her friends each decorated their own gingerbread houses and they were used as center pieces during our ward Christmas dinner. (My friend, Jessica, took these pictures and had them on her blog. I just had to download them onto our blog since I have no pictures)

(Savannah's is the one on the right)

Sunday, RJ gave a talk in primary. His theme was "I know that my Redeemer lives" After talking about the topic a little and discussing some idea, RJ wrote out and delivered his talk with little help. We were so proud of him. I wanted to document his talk (including his own phonics).

"I know Jeesus lives becus when I read the scripshrs I am hapee. I trie to reed the Book of Mormen evry day with my dad. I want to finish it befor my 8th brthday. The Book of Mormen teechis us how to liv awer life like Jeesus. And when I foloe Jeesus I am hapee. Jeesus wants every boty to come to him. We can come to him by coming to chrch. And lising to mishinarees. And saing awr prers. I know Jeesus livs and I hop u do to. In the name of Jeesus Crist amen."


Yesterday, school was canceled, Jared stayed home from work, and we canceled book club as well, why??? Because we got snow!!! A storm rolled in around 7 am and dumped about 3-4 inches on us. It is crazy how everything shuts down when it snows. So not like Idaho. But I do understand why things are canceled and I wasn't going to attempt to drive anywhere anyway. Lynchburg is full of hills and things get icy here quick. Jared started heading into work yesterday morning but had to but his truck into 4 wheel drive just to make it over a hill getting out of the neighborhood. He made it to the gas station and called a friend at work who said not to even bother. So many people didn't show up and the ones who did were planning on living by noon. So he took the day off and spent it organizing our basement to make room for his long desired workshop. The kids LOVED the snow and after lunch we got together with our neighbor and went sledding. Zachery had a blast! He couldn't get enough of the sled, he laughed the whole time during each ride. Here are a few photos of him all bundled up ready for his first time playing in the snow like a big boy.
(Yes he is wearing pink gloves, I'm not sure what gloves RJ wore at this age, but the pink ones were all I could find that would fit him. And no, my camera is not fixed completely. But I am able to take pictures in fully Manuel mode. It is just my automatic focus that is not working).

School was canceled again today because there is snow on the ground. But Jared did make it in to work. The sun is shinning and the snow crystals are sparking. I love the beauty of it. We are going to try to get out and enjoy it some more today before it all melts. Wish us warm thoughts.

1 comment:

Sammie said...

RJ's talk is adorable! Wish we could have been there. It was fun to be there for Christmas and hear RJ read the scriptures and Savannah repeat them. Both did great!!!