Life in the Wight House

Sunday, September 23, 2007

An Artful Morning



One morning RJ was in an artsy mood. He wanted to play with playdo , so I thought sure why not, as long as Savannah didn't eat it. Savannah has to do what everyone else is doing or she will throw the biggest fit. Somethings RJ has to wait to do still Savannah's nap time and he hates waiting. Anyway, we played with playdo and Savannah did pretty well with it. Not much in the mouth or on the floor. Much better then I expected. Then RJ declares he is done with playdo and wants to finger paint. The only "finger paint" I have is arlic paint which can get messy and stain clothes if not careful. So I think, should I risk it and let Savannah try, she did pretty good with the playdo or do I tell RJ he has to wait. Well, I of course say OK, lets try it. We put on our aprons and roll by or selves. And guess where most of Savannah's paint went. That's right. In her mouth and all over everything but the paper. After some help we did get it on the paper to create her first work of art. RJ was upset when he noticed that Savannah had mixed all the colors. So our painting session didn't last very long. As I hurried to clean the princess up while the paint was still wet and easy to wipe up. The Prince created 2 masterpieces and was satisfied with that. It was a good eventful morning. Will I paint with Savannah again? Probably not for awhile and especially not with a camera in my hands!

No comments: