Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Book and Movie Review

I am always interested in a good read. If you have read any good books lately please let me know. It seems I haven't had as much time to read and I haven't gotten lost in a good book for a while.
I found this one, Return from Tomorrow by George Ritchie, among my Dad's collection of book while in CA. It is very short, that is probably why it caught my eye at first. It tells a story about a man who, at age 20 during WWII, died for about nine minutes and met Christ. It tells of his experience in the next life and how he has changed his perspective of life. It makes no reference to any religious sects, except for the one the author belonged to as a child, as of now I don't know. It is written to make people think about their lives and their relationship with others as well as Christ. As I said before it is a fast read, about 125 pages, and an excellent read. It would make a great book club discussion. And a good movie to see is the Greatest Game Ever Played. If you haven't seen it yet, it is a true story of the history of golf. Maybe not quite the history of golf but a story of a golf legend, who might have changed the way the game was play.

1 comment:

Sammie said...

Oh my gosh, I am hooked on a 3 book series about vampires of all things. A girl at church told me about them. They are actually a love story (Scott says "chick books"). The first in the series is called Twilight. The second is New Moon and the 3rd is Eclipse. I read the first one in 3 days and the second I finished tonight in 2 days. I just couldn't put them down, very intense (not bloody or gruesome at all) just engaging and wonderful.
Sammie