Life in the Wight House

Thursday, June 12, 2008

June Snow

Like I said before, the weather hasn't been all that nice. It is funny how we always complain up here that we don't get a spiring. We go straight from winter to summer and sometimes have maybe two weeks of spring in April. Anyway, lately it has been windy and rainy and cool. We are definitely having a Spring and we are complaining that it isn't Summer time here. I guess because the kids are all out of school, so it should feel like summer. I guess technically it is still Spring time till June 21st.
We are thankful for the cool weather keeping the mountains cooler so we don't have a fast snow melt cause flooding. The rivers are all very high. We have been blessed with lots of water this year. But some sunny weather is always so nice. I get tired of being inside all the time, especailly after a long winter like we had. But I know after a week or too of Hot weather, I'll be wishing for a cool breeze. We just are never satisfied are we. Or maybe it is just me. Well, anyway, like I said before, Monday was our first and nice day in the past three weeks. Wednesday morning we woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground. We spent the afternoon at Blast Off to get out of the house. But the cold won't be lasting too long. It is forcasted to be in the 80's this weekend. Can't wait to get outside again.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Crazy weather!!!

christa said...

That's probably the one thing I don't miss about Idaho! ;)

Aleena said...

What a bummer to have snow in June! Dan was on a white water rafting trip on the Salmon River in Idaho and it snowed on them too! Talk about cold water!