Life in the Wight House

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

I didn't take any photos on Mother's Day, now I am slightly regretting it, but just slightly because I did enjoyed the lazy, relaxful day which I had. It was a wonderful Mother's Day! Jared and the kids treated me well. I was of course able to sleep in as long as I wanted (I LOVE sleeping in, I have never been a morning person), but I still got up around 7:30. RJ had created a treasure hunt throughout the house for me and at the end I found a pot of pink flowers that Savannah picked out. She has since picked as many pink flowers out of that pot as I have allowed and we have many mini flower banquets all around the house. Jared made us a scrumptious waffle breakfast topped with strawberries, strawberry syrup, and powder sugar, Mmmmmm, so good! Watching him cook, must have made me tired again, because after I put Zachery down for his morning nap, I crawled back in bed myself and enjoyed a morning nap myself. In the mean time Jared and the "kids" cleaned up the house. I was very impressed once I woke up for the second time that morning. We then got ready for church (this year our church service is in the afternoon).
At Church the primary sang to the Mothers, I think this was the first time Savannah went up and sang. Both kids did a wonderful job and of course were so cute! Apparently, it is a tradition in this ward to feed the mothers a special lunch/dinner during the third hour of church. The husbands prepared a dish (Jared made a delicious green salad that everyone raved about), and they took over the primary and nursery classes so all the women and young women in the ward could enjoy a special message and one anothers company over a nice peaceful meal. The men will be repaid on Father's Day with he same treatment.
At home, Jared and the kids had a quick and easy dinner while I relaxed on the couch enjoying a Pinna-Colda (virgin of course) reading the Ensign. We then called our mothers and grandmothers followed by an even more scrumptious dessert. Jared prepared a pastry filled with strawberries, custard, and whip cream. I love having a husband who is a good cook and enjoys it.
Once the kids went to bed Jared realaized the house was a mess again (welcome to my world) and spent the evening cleaning it again so it would be ready for Monday. I didn't lift a finger all day, it was great! I was very pampered and rested for the upcoming week. I sure wish Mother's Day would come around more often!
Thanks Jared for a wonderful day! I am so blessed to have an amazing husband and three adorable children!

1 comment:

Aleena said...

What a great Mother's Day! I'm glad you were treated like the Queen you are!