Life in the Wight House

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Determination

Zachery wanted something sweet in the snack cupboard and I told him no. He was determined to show me that he would get it and I couldn't stop him. I stood back and watched him as he pulled a chair over to the counter and used all his effort to pull himself up and get his desired snack. He was so proud of himself and I just couldn't help but give into his efforts. However, he asked me to get him down and I turned him down. I let him know that he got himself up, he can get himself down. He wasn't too happy and was terrified of his height and wasn't sure how to make it back down. After some tears I showed him how to get his feet back on the chair. I think it frightened him enough and he hasn't attempted the climb again.

1 comment:

Aleena said...

Little mischievous guy! Well handled Mommy!