Life in the Wight House

Sunday, June 19, 2011

February Photo Shoot

So a lady in our ward is studying photography and graphic design, she asked if I would model for her for one of her homework assignments. I agreed. However, she asked me to dress in something I wouldn't normally wear or something that was out of my comfort tone. She was thinking Charlie Angel type attire. I searched my closet for something that wasn't me, but all my clothes were plain boring me stuff. So I decided to go with the classic white shirt and jeans look but I'd add a tie and do something outrageous with my hair to spice it up. After looking at the internet for ideas, I found hair tutorials for the Lady Gaga hair bow, so I went with it. Needless to say my photography was in shock when I should up with a big bow on my head. She said she would never have thought I'd have it in me to do something like that. It wasn't really the look she was going for but she did want something totally not me, and this was it. I had a fun time shooting pictures with her and they came out looking good. I did have to run some errands after my photoshoot, I was crazy enough to walk around the mall with the bow in my hair. Don't think I'd do it again, but it was an experience.


The inspiration-Lady Gaga's hair bow:

My Hair Bow:




This a layout documenting one of those reality check moment I had.

Journaling:
As I was standing in line to check out at the Wal-Mart (buying supplies for RJ's birthday party), I watched the friendly older cashier tease the college students in front of me. She asked about their majors and what year in college they were in. I thought to myself, it doesn't seem to long ago I was in college, I still feel as young as they look. I wonder if I could still pass for a college student or if I really do look like I am about to turn 30. I seriously thought I could pass as a college student. When it was my turn to check out, the cashier looked at me and asked, are you a teacher? Ouch, I certainly don't look as young as I feel. Where has the time gone? I look forward to my 30's but I swear these past 10 years have gone by way to quick!



3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! How did you get your hair to do that?? The pictures turned out really good.

Geniel Bartley said...

No matter what you wear or how you do your hair you are very photo genetic and my beautiful daughter. Pictures turned out great.

Kimberly said...

You look SO amazing! Gorgeous, and I have to say, I love the hair!!! I wish I could figure that out for my girls! Hope all is well. Sure do miss you all!