Life in the Wight House

Thursday, June 23, 2011

My 30th Birthday Gift!


Page Journaling: Jared was given the opportunity to travel to Rome, Italy for a business conference. He was to leave on my 30th birthday and be gone for a week. Two years before I had asked to celebrate my 30th birthday over seas. I was hoping to take a trip to the British Isles. At the time that was possible because Jared had been traveling a lot and racking up air miles. But when we moved to Virginia and he stopped traveling I figured my wish wasn’t going to come true. When this opportunity presented itself I asked around to see if anyone would watch the children so I could go as well and make my wish come true. Jared’s mother was kind enough to fly out to watch the children for a week and with tax money and a new raise, I was able to join Jared on this trip to Rome. We were both excited for the vacation and the experience to see where ancient civilization was born.

We flew out of Lynchburg, on March 19th after two layovers, a manicure, a massage, and one long 9 hour flight we arrived in Rome on March 20th at 8:30am.

No comments: