Life in the Wight House

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Zachery James

Happy Easter Everyone!
Zachery James is now a week old and we have very much enjoyed the new love he has brought into our home.

RJ and Savannah adore their little brother. We were worried about how Savannah was going to react and afraid she would be too rough with the baby, but quite the opposite has happened. She is a great big sister and has been very careful around Zachery. RJ however is another story. He loves his new baby brother but he isn't as careful around him. We have had many talks with RJ about rough housing around the baby, but it hasn't seemed to stick yet. Even Savannah is constantly telling RJ to be careful. He just can't wait till Zachery is old enough to play. He keeps asking when that time will come. Patience doesn't seem like his strong suit.




(RJ says Zach's fingers look like little carrots)
Zach's first bath.
Savannah enjoyed brushing his hair.
RJ reading Zachery his first story.
Grandma with her new grandson.
Thanks mom for all your help this past week.

Birth Story Told by Mom:
Jared did very well at keeping the blog updated with pictures. After his last post he told me he was done and the blog was turned back over into my hands. I have had several comments on wanting to hear how the birth went from my point of view.
Well, even though I was almost a week over due and had been battling a horrible cold, the birth and delivery was quick and easy. My three week sinus infection started clearing up on Wednesday.
Thursday, I walked and walked to try to get the labor started. After several walks I started a few minor contractions that didn't stay.
Friday, I had another Doctor appointment. The baby was turned the wrong direction, but head was still down just face the wrong way. My doctor figured that was the reason I wasn't having any contractions. He scheduled in induction for Monday at 11am, which was supposedly a magic time because two ladies before me had that appointment, both were in the hospital having their babies. I was hoping for the same luck.
I had been induced with my other two and was hoping to go on my own this time around. So after the appointment I walked again, for three hours straight. Contractions finally came more regularly. They weren't very intense but they were regular. We were in Rexburg (where I was planning on having the baby) and Jared had hopes of staying there. But the contractions seemed to dye down and we left for home around 10pm.
During the drive home the contractions picked up to very 7 minutes. I figured as soon as we were home we would have to turn around and go back. But they never seemed to increase in intensity and I just didn't feel like it was time yet. I had a few more through out the night but by morning there was nothing.
Saturday, we watched the first session of conference and I took a walk during the two hour break. Still, nothing. During the second half of conference Jared tried some pressure points that was supposedly supposed to cause labor. One did cause a major contraction. He had pressed on my aklis tendon really hard. It hurt like crazy, worse then the contraction and I told him no more! We read that eating pineapple could induce labor and we just so happened to have a fresh pineapple. So we cut it up and I ate the whole thing. Half an hour later, I was having regular contractions. They started to get harder and at 6 we headed to the hospital. We were all admitted by 7, I got an epidural and at 10:06 Zachery was born.
Pushing was of course the hardest, he had a big head but he was turned the right direction. The doctor used a suction to help him out. And amazingly I didn't rip or tear, so no stitches!
Zachery James was 7lbs 8oz. My biggest baby. He is a very good eater. That is all he wants to do when he is awake. But thankfully, he is a very good sleeper as well. He only requires one feeding in the middle of the night. I sure hope his sleeping habits and good behavior continue. We have been very blessed.



7 comments:

Christine Dallimore said...

Jen, I am so happy that you and baby are doing so well! I love your pictures!! My favorite one is the one with Zach and Savannah looking at each other... priceless!! It looks like the R.S. has taken care of dinners for you all next week. I will be calling you though to see where I can help out! Happy Easter!!!

jennie said...

He is so cute! I can tell that Savannah & RJ just love him. He looks a lot like Savannah did, doesn't he? I'm glad he's a good baby & that you're both doing well. And you got to have him on your own! I had to be induced w/ all 4 of mine. I wish you still lived here - your house needs HELP!! And we miss you too of course. :) Congratulations!

Mike and Nikki said...

Congratulations! I am glad that it went so quickly for you (once it finally started for real) and that he turned so you didn't have any yucky back labor! Happy Easter!

christa said...

Yay for no tearing! I'd like that if I ever had a third! He's so sweet Jen, I can't believe how alert he looks in the Easter basket pic! He looks so old already! I'll have to remember about the pineapple, that's awesome! congrats on your beautiful fam!

Marci said...

Congratulations Jared and Jennifer! Zachary is so handsome! I am glad that he and his mom are doing well. Jennifer, come October, you will have to give me tips on how to handle life with 3! I am sure you already have it mastered. We love you both and are so happy for you. Take care!
Dan and Marci

Lisa said...

YEA! Congratulations, Jen! He is beautiful. Hope he continues to sleep well for you. Thanks for sharing. I'm glad everything turned out well.

Aleena said...

What a great delivery! It was worth the long wait! I didn't tear this time either! I was happy about that. Zak is so cute. I'm glad Savannah is so good with him! Jonah is definitely more rough around the baby than Lea as well. You are so lucky that he only wakes up once to eat at night. Micah is up three times to eat! And he's a month old already! I can't wait to see Zachary in person! Hey, guess what!?! My brother David is engaged and he is getting married August 7th in Idaho Falls! We'd love to see you guys when we are there!