Life in the Wight House

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Tomorrow is the Big Day

So tomorrow is the busy day! Jared starts his first day of work at his new job with B&W. He is very excited for this new experience. RJ starts kindergarten tomorrow. He is pretty excited and a little nervous. I am sure the nerves would be gone if we were still in Iona so he could start school with all his preschool buddies. He keeps telling me how much he misses his friends and wonders when we will see them again. It is kind of sad. I don't really know what to tell him. Tomorrow is also the day we move into our new apartment. I am so excited to be out of the hotel. I am also excited to cook again. I am getting really tired of going out all the time.
So Jared leaves around 7:15 ish. Leaving me to check out of hotel, get RJ to bus stop by 8:30, get keys to the apartment and do our walk through, meet movers with our moving truck at 9:30, and then I'll be in charge of directing traffic as well as nursing a 5 month old and keeping tabs on a three year old. Wish me luck.
As I mentioned RJ is riding the bus. He is super excited. When we lived in St. Anthony he had plans on riding the bus but when we moved to Iona we were too close to the school to be on the bus route. But here in Virginia we live even closer to the school but because of a nearby busy road and no side walks, they discourage walkers. They request that you ride the bus or be dropped off and anyone can ride the bus no matter how close they live. Well RJ of course is dying to ride the bus. I guess it is just the cool thing to do. I have my reserves and would much rather pick him up and drop him off. But since there is a bus stop right there at our apartments and he would only be on the bus for 3 minutes and I have two other children to contend with, I have decided to give the bus a try. It sounds pretty safe and the school seems to have a good system. However I might have to try really hard not to follow the bus tomorrow. I'm sure I'll be having a much harder time then RJ will. I can't believe mt little boy is starting kindergarten!!

3 comments:

jennie said...

I think you're super mom. Seriously I'd be crying if I had a day like that. You have more patience than anyone I've ever seen!! RJ will do great in Kindergarten! Amber started this last week & LOVES it! I bet he'll make so many new friends the first day that he won't be able to wait to go back. Good luck with your crazy, crazy day!!!

Aleena said...

Good luck with everything! You can do it! RJ will do great in school. With such a busy day, he will be home before you know it telling you how much fun he had. Lea didn't know anyone in her kindergarten class either but she's doing well. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you today. Moving and starting a new job and sending your first child off to school...it really is a big day. Won't you sigh with relief when it's done!

Mattsmom said...

I am SO happy to drop Matthew off and pick him up every day. I have no idea how you would keep yourself from following the bus.
I hope it was a good day.