Life in the Wight House

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Scrapbook Pages

I love being a layout artist for Scrap Girls. I am able to get all my products for free making my love for the hobby even better. As a layout artist I have three assignments a month. Each one is themed and supposed to highlight an assigned designer. This can be a challenge at times and hasn't always allowed me to work on current photos. I have thousands of pictures, anyway, and I have never been good at scrapping chronology, even though I want to but my pages in chronological order . Thus, I haven't been able to put an entire album together yet. *Sigh* My goal is to someday get caught up with my photos, or at least get all the previous years caught up so I can focus on one year at a time instead of seven. However, having seven years of digital photos to work through has not limited me one bit.

Here are some of my recent layouts:

Assignment: Scrap a favorite vacation or trip moment using products from Julie White:Photos taken Oct. 2009 in Yorktown, VA
Journaling: The Battle of Yorktown came to an end on October 19, 1781. This was the last battle fought during the American Revolutionary War, securing independence for the American colonies from British rule. We happened to be visiting the area during Yorktown's historic anniversary and were able to participate in the celebration. We enjoyed watching the parade, hearing the various marching bands, and seeing the many military costumes dating back to the Revolutionary War.
Supply List

Assignment: Use stars in a layout focus on Diane Miller's products.
Photo taken June 2008
Journaling: In high school, these girls were my best friends. After high school, we went our separate ways to college and later married and had children. We kept in touch through emails, blogs, Facebook, as well as an occasional get-together. During the summer of 2008, the three of us reunited. We weren't sure when we would be seeing each other again. That fall, my family planned on moving out of the country, Aleena and her family would be moving back to California, and Heather and her husband were headed east for more schooling. I am thankful for the Internet and the ease it allows me to stay in touch with my high school friends.
Supply List

Assignment: Fourth of July Layout or Free Scrap using product's from Doris Castle. This one was tricky. My creative juices weren't following with my Fourth of July pics. They weren't working with Doris Castles' products so I decided on a free scrap. I wanted to do something different, a little out of the box thinking. Doris had these fun brushes and they reminded me of something you would see on a T-shirt. So I created two T-shirts for myself. It was fun to do something different.
Supply List

Assignment: Christmas in July. Create a non-holiday layout using a holiday collection. Focus on using products from Angie Briggs.
Photo taken in 2009 on our trip to Nevada City, MT

1 comment:

Aleena said...

I love the layouts! You are so talented! And I must say, those are some good-looking girls in the "best friends" layout!