Life in the Wight House

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Saying Good Bye

It has been weighing on my mind for awhile and truthfully, I was having a hard time letting go. I LOVED working with SimplyFun. They have been a great company and are getting even better as time goes on. I LOVE their products! We play them all the time! I loved that I was able to get them at a discount and I enjoyed introducing them to others.

I started SimplyFun 5 years ago. RJ had just turned two and I was 4 months pregnant with Savannah. The company was still new and the prospects were high. I was very quiet, shy, and kept mostly to myself. I enjoyed playing games and I thought this would be a perfect fit for me and help me break out of my shell. It was rough at first but I soon broke that shell piece by piece. (I still have pieces to break, but I feel good about the more independent person I have become).

Other then changing my personality, SimplyFun has brought fun and learning to my kids. They are now at the perfect age for most of SimplyFun’s products which made the decision to leave even harder. But that won’t stop us from continuing to purchase products from SimplyFun and continue to enjoy family game time.

Life has been busy. Jared has scouts, RJ has homework, karate, and occasionally after school activities, I enjoy book club and enrichment nights, we seem to have little family time as we are pulled this way and that and it is only going to get worse.

The last 5 years I have also gotten into digital scrapbooking and 2 years ago I became a layout artist for Scrap Girls which demands more time with required assignments. I have juggled my life as a mother, homemaker, wife, friend, school volunteer, scrapbooking artist, and SimplyFun consultant well. But lastly I have been feeling the stress and knew something need to stop.

It was not so much of a physical stress but a mental stress. I really was not doing a lot of parties but the stress of booking parties, keeping parties, and preparing for parties was weighing on me. After praying about it I knew that I needed to say good bye to SimplyFun. And hopefully my day to day stresses will be lifted just a little.

It was hard, because I had some high hopes for 2011 and lots of potentially people for parties. I had a hard time sending off an email to my customers today saying good bye. It is hard to close that door. It has been with me for 5 years and I have loved it. But I know that more family opportunities will come. And I won’t have to worry about other obligations. And so it is, I am now saying good bye to being a faithful consultant for SimplyFun. And I thank all that have supported me.

1 comment:

Jared said...

This certainly will be bittersweet for our family. Jen, this really has been an amazing experience for you. You really have come a long ways in your abilty to be more outgoing. This has certianly been a great thing for you but I know that you will continue to grow. I love you and totally support your decision.