Life in the Wight House

Monday, January 14, 2008

I Love to See the Temple




The Rexburg Temple.
I got this photo awhile back via email. Not sure who took it, but it it a very pretty picture of the, newly finished, Rexburg Temple.

The open house for the Temple is going on this month and we were able to get tickets to an early morning tour on Friday.

The beauty inside the temple is more than words can describe. It was absolutely gorgeous. The wood trim was imported from Africa and the stone and tile was from Israel.

It was wonderful to be inside the temple with our family and sharing our love for the temple with our children. RJ loved the baptistery, the murals, and the chandelier in the celestial room.



They asked us not to talk when we entered the celestial room, since it is a room to medicate and reflect. RJ spotted the beautiful chandelier in the room before we entered it and he made me stop just before entering the room. He made certain that we weren't inside the room because he wanted to talk about the chandelier and knew we shouldn't talk inside the room. So he pointed out the chandelier, making sure I noticed it to. (how couldn't you, it was gorgeous. Over 8,000 crystals.) Once he said what he wanted to say, he told me we could go into the room now, he wasn't going to talk anymore. It was really cute. And he didn't talk again until we left the celestial room and moved on to the sealing rooms.

What a blessing it will be to have another temple in the area. When we were in St. Anthony, we were so excited to learn that Rexburg would soon have a temple. But since we have moved, our temple will be the Idaho Falls temple. But I look forward to coming to the Rexburg Temple once or twice in the near future.

It will be dedicated on Feb. 3.








We went through the tour with My aunt and uncle who live in Rexburg. My cousin Seth and RJ are good buddies. I just loved this photo of the two of them. They look like great future missionaries, don't you think?

1 comment:

christa said...

That is so awesome. We've been talking about coming back and visiting. Jeremy's little brother lives in Rexburg. I would love to go to the temple, I bet it's going to be so busy all the time! I saw some of it on a local broadcast from IF online. It looks beautiful. I'm so impressed your kids were quiet in the celestial room, kudos to you!