Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A visit from Grandpa Hawk


Jared's dad came up for a visit. After 16 hours of driving in the thick snow he made it up on the 29th to bring the kids their Christmas Gifts.



RJ is opening a gift from his Uncle Josh who gave him his old Sega system. I was hoping to hold off awhile on the video games. I guess we still can since we are missing the hook up cord. But RJ loves the gift and is so excited to play them.












Molly (Hawk's girlfriend) helping Savannah open her present from Uncle Tony.
















Thanks Uncle Tony for thinking of us. Savannah loves her polar bear.

















Grandpa Wight got RJ the Cars bedding. Maybe this will help him stay in his own bed. He sure loves it.













RJ got a kit to build a bird house from Uncle Tony. Grandpa helped him put it together.















RJ was a pill while his Grandpa was visiting. But he did enjoy the visit and looks forward to his birthday in February when Grandpa Wight will visit again.

















Jared's dad came up to help work on the room upstairs. Jared is wishing he lived closer because he enjoyed his dad's help and all the tools he was able to use. Since this picture was taken, all the framing in the room is complete as well as the installation of the window. The next step is the electrical work and then the sheet rock. After which it will be my turn to get to work with the painting. Almost there.











For Christmas Jared got me a new dishwasher. I went on forever about not really wanting one because I am a tight wade and didn't want to spend the money. Washing the dishes was my break from the kids. But lately it wasn't much of a break and I couldn't stay on top of the dishes. So I was very much delighted when Jared surprised me with a dishwasher. It was truly a surprise, I even surprised myself with how excited I was about getting one.

In this photo Jared is getting ready to remove the cabinets.













The cabinets are out; now where will I put all the stuff that is inside? Still haven't figured it out.




















And here it is. I have a dishwasher!!!

















The kids are waving goodbye to Grandpa. Thanks for visiting and helping with all our projects. Wish we were closer.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love all of your posts! BUT, I will have to say that I loved this post because I know how it is to remodel a home...(when I was growing up) Anyway, it's getting there and all the handy-work is VERY impressive!! Great job!