Life in the Wight House

Monday, January 14, 2008

Savannah's 18 month apt.

Savannah went in to get her Hepatitis A shot. RJ was happy that it would be Savannah getting a shot and not himself. He was already to be the big brother and hold her hand to help her through the trauma of the nurse sticking an unwanted needle in her leg. It just so happened to everyone's surprise, Savannah watched that nurse do her thing without any kind of reaction. No screaming, crying, pulling away, nothing! RJ was a little bummed. He was hoping to comfort her. But then he remembered that he had asked Heavenly Father in his prayers the night before that Savannah wouldn't cry when she got her shots. He was much more happy when he realized his prayer was answered.

Savannah weighs 20 lbs and is in the 3% for weight. The doctor says he would like to see her gain more, but he isn't too concerned. So I wondered, how the heck am I supposed to get her to gain more weight? She eats all the time. She even finishes off RJ's meals.

She is in the 35% for height at 31.5 inches tall. Looking back she really hasn't grown much since her 15 month appt.

I wouldn't be worried unless she hasn't grown by her two year visit. But until then, she is just our cute little petite girl.

2 comments:

christa said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't realize how petite she is! I think Elle weighs more than 20lbs! Of course my girls are not petite at all, they are both tall and solid...I think they get that from me! Eva just had her 4 yr well baby and she was 42 in and 42lbs, isn't that funny. Savannah sounds like one of our girls though, packing it away, I love good eaters!

Anonymous said...

Made me laugh. Poor little disappointed RJ. The part about his answered prayer though was sooo sweet. Isn't it funny that we worry about the weight of our children. Somebody has to be on the low end of the scale.
She's adorable! They both are.