Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Prophet has passed away


Our beloved prophet passed away Sunday night in his home at the age of 97. President Hinckley has been the prophet since 1995, the first one Jared and I have really ever connected with and known. The news of his death was sad, but we rejoice in knowing that he is reunited with his dear wife. He was a great man.

I told RJ that President Hinckley had passed away. I was a little unsure about his reaction, he just looked at me confused. I asked if he knew what it meant to "pass away" and he got all excited asking if it meant he was coming to our house. I smiled and told him no and that it meant that he died. He said, "oh that means he is with Jesus now, right. When is Jesus coming to our house? I want to see him too."

From the News Room

No comments: