Life in the Wight House

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cute kid #3 - It's a Boy!

My tummy at 22 weeks

Well we haven’t official met cute kid #3 but we know he will be cute! We took the kids to the ultrasound yesterday to determine his sex. As Jared mentioned before, it is a boy. RJ is thrilled. He said “See I guessed right, I told you mom.” Afterwards we went to my Aunt’s house and RJ walked in saying “Guess what my baby brother is a brother!” He has told me all about how he is going to take care of his brother and feed him and play with him. It sounds like he is planning on having his baby brother be his new pet. It will be interesting to see how much he likes him once he is here.

Savannah on the other hand isn’t sure what to think. At times it seems like she has no idea what we are talking about at other times she doesn’t seem too happy and almost gives us a cold shoulder every time we talk about a new baby. She was very confused in the ultrasound room. She really wasn’t sure what to think.

Jared and I are both excited. Jared is extremely happy that he is getting another boy and not a girl. He says Savannah is enough girl for him.

The baby looks good and healthy. It is measuring small but they kept my due date the same. Both RJ and Savannah were small babies anyway. It is funny how much weight I gain and still manage to have small babies.

The baby is kicking and moving a lot. He likes to remind me he is still there, it is easy to forget when I have two others to take care of. He seems to like pizza and oranges. Not really together but these are the two things I crave most. Between the kids and I, we go through so many oranges a week. Good thing this is the season for oranges.


So you probably can’t tell but the baby is sticking his tongue out at us in this picture. RJ was looking at the screen at the time so we think he was already trying to bug his big brother.

3 comments:

Katie said...

YAY! That is wonderful news! Glad that RJ gets to have his baby brother!

christa said...

Yay, happy baby boy- it seems to be the season for boys- maybe if I decide to have a third it might be a boy!

Harris Family said...

What a cute little pregnant belly! I'm excited for you guys!