Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Getting ready for Christmas

So we went out Friday afternoon for some great deals on clothing. The Black Friday madness had slowed down a bit and we really had no problem in the few stores we stopped at. Shopko had children's clothing at 50% off and RJ was in need of some new church pants and Savannah needed new shoes. It is incredible how fast kids grow. Jared and I also needed at least one new pair of pants.
So as we were looking through the toddler clothes for RJ, we couldn't help but look through all the cute Christmas dresses as well. We found this one and I just couldn't pass it up. It was just too adorable to not get. And luckily Payless was having their BOGO sell, so we were able to get this adorable boots to match it. I love little girl clothes, they are just so cute! Savannah loves her new dress as well. Isn't she just the cutest!

This is her 'no more pictures' look.

After Church on Sunday, we decorated the tree. The kids loved the activity. They are at such a fun Christmas age. It makes the magic of Christmas much more magical.
I took a lot of photos of the kids, you have been warned. Many of the decorations were clumped together on the bottom and after the kids went to bed I had to redecorate. But I have some great shots of the kids helping out.




Doesn't RJ look stunning int his new Christmas outfit. Gotta love 50% off sales!


Savannah's typical stance, hands on the hips.



After the hanging the ornaments on the tree it was time for the topper. Both kids had to have their try.



And then the Stockings were hung.

Savannah heard the word stocking and had a different idea of what they were for.


Next was the most anticipated part, the train.



5 comments:

mkamye said...

I love the train around your Christmas tree. Very cool! We got some sweet Black Friday deals on clothes too!

Nathan and Gemma said...

Wow we love the train! I always wanted one under my tree I still need to work on getting a tree skirt though first hehe I forget every year. Savannah is so funny! I love hearing her stories. Cute sale clothes!!! and I love Savannah's boots! Now I hope we have a girl just so I get to dress her up all cute!!!

Jenn said...

Savannah is looking more and more like you the older she gets! She is a doll :)

christa said...

FUN! Clothes shopping is super addicting for me, especailly at Gymboree, I love that there stuff is age appropriate but I hate that it's so expensive.
Eva's been begging to decorate, this weekend we'll get all the decorations, maybe a tree in a week or so.

Anonymous said...

They are both adorable! Love the "no more pictures look" by Savannah.