Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

We have had a lot of snow and it has been so cold!!!!! I think it started snowing Monday. We had some sunny weather for awhile after that but it wasn't warm enough to melt anything.

Savannah in the snow Monday 12/8


Sunday is dropped big time! When we left for church at 1pm that afternoon the temperature was 6 degree. Crazy cold! Our toilet pipe froze again and it took half the day to unfreeze it.

Here is RJ sucking on an ice cycle.

Trying to catch snow flakes on his tongue.


Here is the snow in our front yard today, 12/16
Today and yesterday have been a little warmer. I would let the kids go out and play, as I really have not the past week because of the cold. But unfortunately, both kids have a bit of a bad cold and I need them to stay warm and rest for awhile before we fly out CA tomorrow. So besides the few outside photos, we have been enjoying our first snow storm from inside. Hopefully January will allow for warmer play time.

2 comments:

jennie said...

Seriously, SO COLD!!! The high on Saturday is supposed to be 10. Yikes! It just doing that thing that is does all winter when all the moisture in the air freezes so it looks like it's constantly snowing. We call in crystaling. Anyways, I guess we're in for a chilly one! Have fun in California and bring some sunshine back with you!!! :) Merry Christmas!

Harris Family said...

I'm so sorry your toilet pipes froze! How annoying especially for a pregnant lady!!! Thanks for doing my card! They should be here any day now. I am so excited to get them! You did a great job, and way to go on the publishing. That is so neat! As soon as I'm done scrapbooking this year old style, I will be going digital. I'll be calling for help!! Have a great Christmas if you don't hear from me before then. P.S. What is your address?