Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Joys of a Two Year Old

Savannah has been having hard mornings lately. She isn’t the biggest breakfast or lunch fan. She doesn’t care for sandwiches too much and she’ll eat cereal depending on the day. Sometimes I have her eat a yogurt for breakfast or oatmeal or fruit or something when she is having her no cereal fits.

This morning she did have a small bowl of cereal. But after dropping RJ off at preschool she claimed she was still hungry and wanted candy. After a lot of persuasion, we agreed on having a yogurt instead. This is another ordeal because it takes her forever to decide which flavor she wants.

She couldn’t decide and spied a pudding cup in fridge. I gave in. It was a Lemon Pudding that nobody really liked anyway. She took a bite of it and decided she didn’t really care for it and wanted the raspberry yogurt instead.

After eating half the yogurt cup she went upstairs to watch Dora. I decided to take a shower at the time since Dora usually keeps her pretty occupied. I didn’t bother removing the half eaten yogurt from the table or the untouched pudding cup.

We don’t have cable TV or anything so the kids watch all their favorite TV shows on DVD. The Dora DVD apparently had a scratch in it (like so many other DVDs) so Savannah’s interest was lost and she wondered downstairs. I heard hear in my room near the bathroom. I knew she was up to something because she didn’t come into the bathroom and I kept hearing this clanking sound.

I called to her and asked what she was doing; her response was to the close door between the bedroom and the bathroom. That’s when I knew for sure she was doing something she shouldn’t be doing.

I hurried up in the shower and got out as quick as I could. She was gone by then. The yogurt cup was now lying on the floor empty and yogurt was smeared all over some picture frames and my full length mirror.

I got dressed and cleaned up the mess. As I was cleaning the thought came to my mind, ‘Yogurt is probably all over Savannah’s hands. I wondered were else she smeared it’

I slowly walked the halls and up the stairs looking for yogurt. I was surprised to find none.

But I did find Savannah at the top to the stairs with the pudding cup and Lemon Pudding smeared all over the couch pillow, large stuffed tiger, and herself. What a mess!

3 comments:

christa said...

oh man! That is the worst. I hate messes, anything that has something that could potenitally "ripen" if not cleaned well, that's the worst.

Anonymous said...

So sorry! They're cute, but they can sure frustrate you. Getting them to eat is so hard. You get tired of fighting with them. Hang in there mom.

Anonymous said...

That sucks. I really hope that I don't have to experience that. I have learned to hate carpet when their is a mess, vomit and diarreah are not fun to clean (if even possible without a steam cleaner)