Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

End of May

We had plans on attending the Annual Fisherman's Breakfast up in St. Anthony Friday the 22nd. We haven't missed a year in the past six years and we were looking forward to visiting with old friends. Jared came home Thursday night and wondered what else we would do the rest of the weekend. He had a four day weekend and didn't want to stay home and do yard work. We had thoughts of going up to Montana but I didn't want to pay for a hotel and it was still too cold to camp. Plus with a two month old, camping doesn't sound very appealing. So Jared asked me to be spontaneous and pack the car to make a surprise visit to our family in CA. It took me a while to agree. But I knew if we didn't do something this weekend I would hear a lot of complaining. So I decided to give in and be spontaneous. It was 8pm and the van needed an oil change. Jared made a quick trip to Walmart for oil and I packed the van. We were on the road by 10:30 pm. We drove through the night making it to Sacramento at 10:30 am Cali time. We were able to surprise everyone, almost giving a few relatives heartaches by the unexpected surprise. We stayed till Monday night visiting everyone but my dad and brothers who took a trip away themselves. I am a little sad we missed the Breakfast and the visit with old friends but I am really glad we went to CA. It was nice to be with family and show off the baby.
My Grandparents with Zachery.

Jared has being aching for months to take a bike ride. Saturday morning he and his dad went on a ride and Jared had a good time.


The kids had a bike ride as well.

Back Home
I love my yard in the Spring and Summer. We may have more weeds then lawn and we could really use a patio in the back but we do have this ditch that runs along the side of the house. The water just came in for the season, I love it. I call it my own private little creak. I am attracted to water (rivers, oceans, creaks, streams, waterfalls, etc.) Water in nature is just so peaceful and beautiful.
I love our small town neighborhood. We have horses and cows and sheep and ducks and chicken all over. It is so fun. The neighborhood is so quiet and peaceful. I love just sitting in our backyard on warm sunny spring/summer days and take in Earth's beauty.


There is a spot by the railroad tracks wear asparagus grows wild. We went out and picked some and made one of my favorite spring time dishes: Ham Asparagus Fettuccine. Wild, fresh picked Asparagus always taste so much better then store bought.
Cute kid picks of the week:

Here is one that has got to make you grin!

6 comments:

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

How fun for you! I want a spontaneous trip...next time call me =)!

jennie said...

We were sad you didn't come up, but how fun to go home! When Ben said that you guys were going to CA I knew it had to be Jared's idea! :) I'm glad you had fun. The line at the breakfast was record long & it was so HOT!!! But, breakfast was really good. Cute pictures!

Kimberly said...

Well, it sure looks like you made your grandparents day! They couldn't look any happier! How fun - to get away! Your pictures are so cute, and even the animals look familiar . . . : ) Glad you made it home safe.

Kristen Norton said...

I sure enjoyed these pictures and your notes, Jen. this last one just made me laugh--how completely adorable! I so agree about water--it is so peaceful...

Christine Dallimore said...

I am glad you were able to get "home" and see your family. I can't believe how big Zachary has gotten. He has grown so much!! Love that adorable smile as well.

Aleena said...

Great Pictures! Zachary is so cute! I love that smile! It was so great to see you in CA!