Life in the Wight House

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy October!

Fall is in the air. The leaves are starting to change here in Virgina. I haven't yet been able to get out and snap a few pictures. I am waiting to find the perfect area and waiting till the colors really start to come out. We still have quite a few green leaves. I am definitely enjoying the weather here. Yesterday was beautiful and sunny. It was a comfortable 70 degrees with a light breeze. It was what fall was supposed to be. Not cold and almost snowy like I heard Idaho was. Sorry guys. But I am loving having a real fall!!
We are getting excited for the fun October brings. Most of my decorations are in storage so I'm not so sure how much decorating I am going to get done for the season. I might purchase a thing or two. But with another possible move into a house I am not planning on pulling out all my fall and Halloween decor.
A friend of mine makes these really cute Annie Dolls. I just want to spread the word and her link to her new Annie Doll blog. Her Halloween Annies are just too darn cute to pass up and she has more to come. I am definitely going to purchase one or two. Check them out, you won't be disappointed.
http://www.anniespals.blogspot.com/

I also created a fun Halloween countdown for the kiddos. I made it with my stash of Scrap Girls Supplies and then printed it off onto Magnetic Paper. It is hanging on the fridge and RJ is really excited to know exactly how many days are left until Trick or Treating.


Here's to a fun and Happy October!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Your Friends dolls are cute. I think the mummy one is adorable. So what are you thinking for Halloween costumes for the kids?

I'm anxiously waiting to hear about a house for you guys!

Christine Dallimore said...

Ohhhhh- I love your new blog layout! Cute, Cute!!! I also love the Halloween count down- that is so fun! Thank You also for the shout out- That is seriously so sweet!!!!

How did the house thing go? Did Jared like the house? That is too funny about the calling. Kelvin has been in scouts for almost 8 years now!!!

Nathan and Gemma said...

I love the Halloween theme! Congrats on your callings, I remember Jared was Scout master when we first got married like 6 years ago has it really been that long? I bet he is a pro.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

I love your layout and your count down calendar.

Aleena said...

I love the fall and I love your background on your blog!

Mattsmom said...

You are so creative! I LOVE the countdown! Matthew would LOVE a countdown to trick-or-treating!