Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blackwater Creek Trail

Monday, June 7th There is a fabulous paved bike/waking trail here in Lynchburg. I think it is about 10 miles long. There are several different entrances onto this trail and we decided to try a new section of the trail to take an evening stroll while Grandma was visiting. We took the boardwalk across the James River to an island where the trail continues. I love the trail because it is always shaded and cool even on hot humid Virgina Summer days. Plus the path is flat which makes it easy for the kids to enjoy (we don't find a lot of flat areas in this hilly state).





Once the kids reached their allotted walking time, Grandma treated us to dinner at the Depot Grill. This was an old train station turned into a restaurant. There is a lot of character and history inside the Grill which makes dinning there much more fun.

Zachery loved the spiced apples!

And Savannah is our odd ball child who loves sucking on lemons. I think bad teeth might be in her future if she continues this habit.

2 comments:

jkmace said...

awesome blog and really great pictures! you have inspired me to get with and start posting look out world, I am blogging again!

jkmace said...

awesome blog and really great pictures! you have inspired me to get with and start posting look out world, I am blogging again!