Life in the Wight House

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Enjoy the warmer weather.

So the weather has warmed up a little, it has been in the upper 40's and we haven't had any snow fall for a week. It was forecast to rain by the end of the week so we took every advantage we could to enjoy the outside before the rain came (which never did) RJ was so excited to drive his car all over the yard. Oh and he has a thing for hats, it really wasn't that cold that he needed it, he just wanted to wear it.
Of course Savannah and Sally loved the freedom of running around. Savannah is try to get Sally to play with one of her toys, but the dog was too interested in running around and the yard now that she was off her chain.
RJ begged me to play in the sand box. I was a little unsure about it, think the sand might be too damp. There was still a huge chunk of ice on the trap covering the sandbox. With a little effort we were able to break it up and pull the trap off to see what the sand was like. It wasn't too bad so I let them play while I cleaned up a little of the yard. It was nice to be outside doing some yard work (I know my parents are probably laughing at that line, Jennifer doing yard work and enjoying it, HA HA HA!) But I was enjoying it, except all the dog poop (sorry) I had to pick up.
You can see the big trunk in the back, that is a willow tree. I loved the thought of having one when we first moved here. But boy do they make a mess in the fall and winter. I raked tons of leaves and twigs last fall and I still have tons to rack up this spring. I just filled a trash can full and didn't even clean up half of it.


On Thursday we went to the park. The kids loved it.



I love this picture.

4 comments:

The ZamFam said...

Looks like they were in heaven! Don't you love it when the snow melts and you don't have to entertain as much! All you have to do is send them outside to play!! By the way, when you said that the bugs were crawling on your face, I was freaking out for you!!

Aleena said...

Looks like fun!

Lisa said...

how fun! Katelyn and James both wish they could play outside already, too. And cool beans, that RJ keeps a hat on. Can't keep one on my kids.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.