Life in the Wight House

Friday, February 6, 2009

Free Stuff and Great Savings!

A friend of ours has gotten many free items and posted her deals on her blog. I asked her how she did it and she said she followed a lot of Money Saving blogs as well as coupon sites. Jared and I looked into these Money Saving sites (all listed at the bottom of our blog) and we learned of the Grocery Game. Have you heard of it? It is basically a system that keeps track of coupons and deals in your area and tells you the best purchases that week that will help you save more money. People claim they save up to 50% on their grocery bill. We signed up for a $1 monthly trail. At the end of February we’ll let you know how it went. In the mean time if you do find yourself signing up please help us out and use my email address as a referral: jmw319@gmail.com.

Anyway, back the subject on hand. We didn’t take the paper but learned to get the best deals you need the Sunday paper where all the coupons are at. So we got a subscription. We ended up getting the Wed., Fri, Sun. Papers because it was only a dollar more then just the Sun. subscriptions. And thank goodness we did because the Wednesday paper came with the Albertsons ad and TONS of deals!! We are usually Fred Meyer shoppers and with out the paper I wouldn’t have known about Albertsons deals this week. I was very excited. They had a lot of buy one get one free deals plus they had many coupons. I spent an hour this morning trying to get more coupons online to add to our savings but the internet was being weird. I started getting frustrated and was wondering if the coupons were really worth the hassle. But after my shopping experience I believe it was.

I however did spend more then I do in an average week but I stocked up on A LOT of meat. Thank goodness we have a deep freezer. I saved $15 with all my coupons, $90 with my Preferred Savings Card (like I said tons of discounts this week), and as a bonus I got $30 worth of free gas. I am so excited about deals! Can’t wait to see the savings I get next week from coupons and bargain finds.


This is everything I got for FREE:

I got the Milk free from buying three bags of cereal that was on sale and we needed cereal anyway. The Goldfish was from all the coupons. The Bananas were free after Buying Peanut Butter (which we were running low on) the meat was all buy one get one free. Anyway it was all a good deal. So if you haven't been shopping yet, go to Alberstons before Tuesday and get some great deals!

4 comments:

jennie said...

I'm doing this too! Well, I'm reading the book right now so hopefully we'll be starting it next week. My mom swears by it & I figure anything to help would be great!
By the way, what is that other post? Just curious!

Nathan and Gemma said...

I'm excited to try that out soon is it easy to use the coupons like do you just give a wad for them to swipe or do you have to give the coupons with each product you want the offer? Nice savings!

Gurgi said...

What is in the can?
I´m sorry that I ask,
but I don´t live in the US...

mkamye said...

Wow! I am impressed! You're doing better than me with the free items! I haven't gotten any free meat yet! We don't have much to choose from as far as grocery stores go unless we go to Reno. When we move to a bigger area, I'll have to check out the Grocery Game!