Life in the Wight House

Monday, February 23, 2009

RJ's Birthday

So my little guy is five. I can't believe it. RJ was so excited to turn five, he can't wait till kindergarten starts. In fact he thought he would be starting kindergarten as soon as he turned five and said good-bye to all his friends at preschool. He was a little disappointed when I told him that he had to wait till Summer was over.
RJ's actually birthday was Friday but we weren't planning to celebrate until Saturday. Jared was in TN last week and got home Friday afternoon and Papa Wight was driving up from CA and wasn't planning on making it in till Saturday. So I tired to make RJ's actually birthday special as well. He got to pick out what we ate for every meal. Breakfast was pancakes and I made him a number five pancake which he was really excited about. For lunch we went to McDonald's, of course. And then for Dinner we had Hot Dog twists and Apple Sauce. What a healthy day! I guess birthday's aren't supposed to be healthy.
We let RJ open two presents and got an Indiana Jones hat and whip and a Star Wars Lego set. He was so excited about the hat and whip he posed like Indiana for these pictures. He is such a character.


After dinner He and Daddy spent the evening putting his new Lego set together. RJ did most of it by himself. He is getting really good at following directions and building things.


Saturday we went to Blast Off with a Hand full of friends to celebrate. The kids all had a blast. It was very busy there, being a cold winter Saturday but we had fun. After about an hour of play the kids came to the table for a pizza snack followed by cake and ice cream.
So you know me, I like to get creative and fun with my kid's birthday cakes. This year RJ requested an Indiana Jones Cupcake Cake. So here is what Jared and I created.




After cake came presents. RJ got a lot of fun gifts.

But his favorite came from Papa Wight, an Indiana Jones jacket and real bull whip! What a spoiled kid!


After the party and all the friends went home, RJ, Grandpa, & Jared played a round of mini golf followed by some arcade fun. On our way out the birthday boy got to go in the Birthday balloon blast where he had to catch as many balloons as he could for some fun coupons and prizes.

RJ certainly had a fun birthday! I told him he could grow up anymore. I can handle five but I don't think I like the idea of him getting much older. I wish there was some way to freeze time. Let me know if anyone knows how to do this!

11 comments:

mkamye said...

I am very impressed with the #5 pancake AND the Indiana Jones cake! Love that picture of RJ hugging his grandpa - so sweet!

Aleena said...

Happy Birthday RJ!!! Lea looked a the blog with me and she said, "Wow, RJ's 5 just like me!" What a creative way to make an Indiana Jones cake! Good Job! I'm glad everyone had fun!

Mike and Nikki said...

Happy Birthday RJ! I can't believe he is 5 already. I remember when you came to visit us at our old house. I think RJ was Isabella's age at the time. Time really does fly!

Harris Family said...

I wish there were a way to freeze time. I love the ages that my kids are-they do fight a little more the older they get so, I would have frozen them a few years ago!!!!! I love the Indiana Jones cupcake cake idea. You guys are so clever! I can't believe he's 5 already-crazy!

Lisa said...

Looks like you had a great time. Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks.

Sammie said...

Happy Birthday RJ or is it IJ ??
Love you!
Grandma Sammie

christa said...

It looks like a super fun birthday! I love the "5" pancake, Eva would love that too! I can't believe our kids our 5. I find that I really enjoy saying it...like people are kind of surprised to learn I have a 5 year old...it's soooo different from saying a 4 year old, it seems like with your kid turning 5 you should be somewhat of an adult...hmm, jury is still out on that one!
p.s. I LOVE that cute girls hair blog you put up, my new fave!!

Lisa said...

Wow! What a birthday! And an Indiana Jones Hat!?! Where do I get one for Nick?
Happy Birthday, R.J.

--Really, where do I get one? LOL!

Josh Wight said...

Hope you had a fun birthday buddy!
hopefully the jacket fits and you like it
love your uncle josh & aunt Luz

Kristen Norton said...

Happy Birthday, RJ! This is Makale's grandma Kristen--it looks like you had a wonderful birthday! I especially liked the picture of you hugging your grandpa Hawk! You looked very cool in all your Indiana Jones gear!

Christine Dallimore said...

I am so happy RJ had such a fun birthday! I totally love the pancake idea. I am going to do it for my kids this year!! I just love how he is into Indiana Jones! I posted a few pics of him on my blog. His cute smile and get-up just make the pictures!!