Life in the Wight House

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why I like March

Well it is March which means Spring is almost here. Of course Idaho doesn't seem to think so. Luckily Idaho Falls is a little more willing to allow Spring to come then St. Anthony did.
March also means the fun of St. Patrick's day, why this Irish holiday is so cool and popular in the US, I don't know. Maybe it is just the fun of believing in leprechauns and pots of gold. I know we could sure use a pot of gold, as could many right now. Whatever it is, I have some Irish blood in me (very little, but some) so it is has always been something to look forward too. Jared also has a little Irish blood running through his veins. So does that mean RJ and Savannah are a little bit more Irish then the two of us? Even more reason to get into the fun of St. Patty's Day.
Another thing that March brings is my birthday. I still get to say I am in my twenties so my birthday is still something to look forward too. I really dread 30! But I still have two more years. I am already craving my favorite birthday cake, I can't wait (Angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whip cream, basically a strawberry shortcake). Strawberries make March another special month. They are coming into season (other places in the world) and the stores are finally stocked with good strawberries again and will be throughout the summer.
And this March is that much more special because my baby boy is due to be born. I don't believe he will come in March, but just the fact that he is supposed to be here makes March that much more exciting.
So here's to and good and happy month!

(BTW: I started a new blog to keep track of my Digital Scrapbooking pages. If anyone wants to take a peek and leave nice comments the link is on the top left side)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Ahh, I can't believe it is march already, but I am SO excited! Happy Birthday AND I hope that baby boy comes soon! Keep us updated!

Aleena said...

What a nice post about March! I think my baby boy will come on your birthday Jen! I like March the most this year because it means I'm almost not pregnant anymore!

Christine Dallimore said...

Ahh- being in your thirties really isn't all that bad!! Let me know if you need a babysitter for your birthday. Awesome post about March though!!