Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Finally Outside Again

First of all I want to say congratulations to Monica who had her first baby boy last night. I am so excited for her and know that I am soon to follow. I have been waiting for her announcement knowing the time for babies is finally here. She is the first of a long line of friends to have their babies this year. Next should be my good friend Aleena which will mean I don't have too much longer to follow.
This week I was hoping my baby room would be finished so I can start going through baby clothes and things with a place to put them. Jared has worked hard the last few weekends but was unable to complete the project before March like I had hoped. He is doing an awesome job trying to make it the prefect room. It is going to be the best constructed room in the house! He just finished the last of the taping and mudding. He still needs to texture it, paint it, and install carpet. Not sure when we will get it done. I think it is time to start stacking baby items in my room so at least they are out of the basement.
Jared is on a business trip to Argentina right now. I just got an email saying he made it safely after a long day of flying. Unfortunately his phone isn't working down there. He is hoping to get that fixed soon. I'm glad he had access to the Internet.

So onto my post for the day.
Yesterday was a beautiful warm day. The sun was out, except for the few times it hid behind the clouds, and the temperature was in the low 50's. First time it has been that warm this year. So I thought we better take advantage of it since the forecast predicted more rain/snow clouds this week. After lunch I put jackets on the kids and boots, knowing they would get plenty wet. And we took a walk around the neighborhood. It felt so good to be outside with out freezing my bum off.



RJ brought his measuring tape and he measured all the "interesting" things he found along the way. Savannah had fun helping him find "interesting" things.

After jumping in this big puddle and getting his pants wet, RJ decided that jumping in puddles wasn't so fun. He'd much rather just walk through them and not get all wet. Getting wet didn't bother Savannah one bit. She was soaked by the time we got home.


We stopped at a neighbor's house to deliver a Thank Note from RJ's party. They had two cats sitting on their porch and we had a hard time pulling Savannah away. She is such an animal lover. This Black cat was really friendly and wanted to be pet. But she didn't like the idea of being picked up. Once Savannah tried to pick her up she reached up and scratched Savannah across the check. Still didn't stop Savannah from trying to pet and cuddle with the kitties. I wonder about her some times. She is such a tough little cookie.

Savannah kept saying over and over "They're Pretty!"


RJ wanted to see how deep this puddle was and Savannah couldn't resist the water either.

I told Savannah this puddle was really deep and not to go in it. She didn't listen and she lost her balance and feel in. Luckily this was at the house right next door and we didn't have far to go to change her clothes. From this picture the water looks very cold and icy! It probably was but the sun was so warm, the kids didn't seem to mind.

A few hours later the clouds thickened up and light rain showers came again. I was glad we got outside early enough to enjoy the sun and fresh air. It is getting really annoying being inside all the time. I was worried that RJ would complain the whole time we were out. He did that a lot last Summer. He is such a computer and video game geek. He loves to play his games and being stuck inside during the cold winter doesn't help break his addiction. But he didn't complain once while outside. He told me later that it was a lot of fun. He collected some things along the way and wanted to compare them when he got home. He found a piece of metal and said he wanted to "entertain" it.
RJ: "I need to entrain this"
Me: "Do you mean analyze?"
RJ: "No entertain. It's a big word!"
Me: "Do you know what entertain means?"
RJ: "No, but it is a big word."
Me: "Yes it is a big word."
I had to explain what entertain means and that he wasn't going to be entertaining metal. Funny guy. He spent an hour in his room analyzing his piece of metal trying to figure out what it came from. His first idea was flip shades, his second thought was from a statue. He crossed off both ideas and has yet to come up with third guess. He may not have been entertaining the metal, but I was quite entertained.

3 comments:

Christine Dallimore said...

You are one brave Mommy!! I bet they had a blast though-what a wonderful memory!

Aleena said...

What awesome pictures! I always love seeing your pictures, you are one great photographer. My candid shots are always retarded. And your posts are so much fun to read! You are a great mom and your family is awesome! I love your inquisitive, bright children. Thanks for the family update. Good luck on the baby's room and I hope Jared has a safe return. I'm so excited for our baby's to come!!!

Sammie said...

Looks like a fun morning. So sorry I can't be there to enjoy such moments with the kids. The conversations are just hilarious. So glad you are documenting them!
Savannah is SO fearless!
Best wishes on the hardest month.
Love, Sammie