Life in the Wight House

Monday, March 23, 2009

Update

So here is a little update on all of us. I have no pictures to share, sorry.

RJ: We registered him for kindergarten a few weeks ago. I still can't believe we will be starting public schooling officially this fall. He is so excited to start and keeps asking when summer will come and go. He took the first screening test, which many parents had a fit over because of so many trick questions. But with all the trick questions, RJ only missed one and it wasn't the hardest one either. He is such a smarty! Even his preschool teacher has nothing but good comments to say about him. We are considering looking into the near by charter school because we wonder if the Kindergarten here might be too slow for him. But it seems that there are plus and minus for both schools. We of course want the best for RJ that we can get, like any other parent. But sometimes I wonder if it really matters that much what school he attends for kindergarten.

Savannah: Not much new going on with her. She is getting more and more independent as the days go on. We have tried potty training but she is not interested. I think it is going to be one of those control issues with her. There is no way I can force her or make her use the potty. One of these days it is just going to happen, on her time schedule. I just hope it will be sooner then later.

Jared: Is keeping busy with his job. He is going to start traveling again real soon. Well he should be traveling a lot right now. He just came back from Argentina a weeks ago and is supposed to be in Austria this week, but I told him he couldn't go. But there are a lot of other places he needs to be and will be squeezing as many trips in as he can this summer. Even though I am not looking forward to being alone half the summer with three kids, I am very thankful he has a good job and is doing well in these trying times. As a bonus he earns all kinds of frequent flier miles which means free airline ticket for us!

Belgium: Looks like that move is not happening. The company sees no reason for it at this point. Which is good and bad for us. We were hoping to get Jared's Master program done and out of the way quickly and Belgium was the perfect way to do it. Now, who knows. We still have the house up for sale and keep going back and forth with leaving it up for sale or not. We would like to get into a more updated home with a little less land to take care of, but then again the hassle of moving with a baby doesn't good very fun. We really want around $130,000 for the house and not sure if we can get it in today's market. But then again there really isn't anything for Sale less then $140,000 in Iona, so we could luck out. But we are still teetering.

Myself: I am 39 weeks pregnant today. I had my doctors visit and am only dilated 2.5cm, same as last week. I have been experiencing a few Brackstin Hicks contractions and false labor pains. I am tired and big and have a cold which makes it all worse. I need to hold out for one more week so my mom can be here to watch the kids. I don't have any plans of going sooner unless my water breaks unexpectedly, which I really wouldn't mind either. I have finally gone through all the baby clothes and have half of it washed. There are a few things I still have to drag out of the basement and wash up. The baby's room is all done except the carpet. We had to cancel that project last week, but should have it done Thursday. I finally found my black maternity skirt that I could never find in my pile of maternity clothes. I thought I accidentally gave it to DI and couldn't even find a replacement for it. No stores in the area sold long black maternity skirts, crazy! Now that I am 39 weeks, I found it in another box hidden in the basement. So frustrating!!! I have been wearing the same dress to church the past 4 months because I had nothing else to wear. Should have cleaned out the basement earlier, oh well.

2 comments:

Katie said...

i love the updates! Thank you! I am sorry about the Belgium situation, but at the same time, there's probably a bigger reason than you know right now.
Also, isn't it frustrating about long maternity dresses?!?! It drives me crazy!! I have one from b4 being pregnant that I use every sunday...it's black and it's long and I love it. I have a few maternity skirts, but I can't handle the panty hose over my belly (I get dizzy and almost faint..in church. Not attractive! :) Anyway, hang in there..you are SOOOOO close!! Can't wait to see pictures of the cute little guy!

Aleena said...

Thanks for the update. It's exciting and scary that our oldest children are starting kindergarten in the fall! I register Lea on Monday! At least you finally know that you are not moving to Belgium. No more playing the waiting and wondering game. One week left! I am so excited to see pictures of your little guy!!! Hang in there!