Life in the Wight House

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Finished Projects

Still no baby. I will be officially 40 weeks tomorrow. I am extremely tired and cranky. I have had an awful cold for the past two weeks and it doesn't seem to be getting better. Just a lot of sinus pressure and congestion. It was so bad the other day my teeth were bothering me and I went to the dentist to verify it was from the sinus pressure and not a cavity or something else. Thankfully, my teeth are still good. But the pressure in my head is driving me crazy. I am having the hardest time breathing. My nose seems to be finally clearing up, a little. But I am extremely tired and worn out. I took the morning off from Church today and slept till 11:30. I have been feeling a little nausea and have had little desire to eat. I have had to force myself to eat something here and there because I know I need the energy but when I do eat the nausea seems to return. I am so ready to have this baby and have had thoughts of getting induced real soon but at the same time, I want to kick this cold and sickness before the baby comes. I am afraid I won't be able to breathe during labor or I will just be so extremely exhausted, I won't be able to handle taking care of a new born. Plus I would hate to pass this cold onto the baby during his first few days. Any ideas for kicking such an awful cold?
Anyway, onto a happier subject. The baby's room is finally complete! Jared finished it this weekend as well as a surprise project we hadn't even planned on. They both look great. Here is the new nursery:
For those of you who don't know or remember, this room didn't exist when we moved into this house. Jared knocked into an attic wall last winter and built this room from the floor up. He did an amazing job, it is the nicest room in the house. I love it.
RJ and Savannah wanted their pictures taken too. They are really becoming good friends, I love it. Oh and look at the carpet, best carpet in the house!
Here is the photo with the crib and stuff in the room:
And Jared built in a closet organizer. He made sure this room had a lot more or extra closet space then Savannah's so called closet does. I still have to fill it up with cute little boy clothes.

So the second project of the weekend.
Jared thought about making a closet out of the dead empty space at the end of the upstairs hall way. It looks great and fits perfectly. I really finishes off the hall way. Not to mention the much need closet space this house needs.

Once again, don't you just love the new carpet!! Thank you Kelvin for coming over and doing it for us. We really appreciate it!!

And finally, after taking all the baby stuff out of Savannah's room, we needed to do something for her. She has been sleeping in RJ's room the past few month and I was really unsure if she would even be excited about returning to her own room. We had this second bed frame in the basement for her and was a little nervous it would be to big for the room. But we tried it out anyway and it works better then I thought. And as a bonus to a new bed, we got her a new bedding set. She loves it and has slept in her room with little problem the last few nights. RJ however, hasn't liked it. He has grown accustom to having someone else in the room with him. Although he does likes having the play space back for all his toys.

We are now ready for this baby to come into the world. Hopefully really soon!

4 comments:

AJ said...

Good work. Looks great!

Amy said...

The rooms look great! You guys did a great job on them. As far as kicking the sinuses before the baby...I would take sudafed. That's what I had to do when I was pregant. Even if you do have the baby in the next few days, that may at least start to help the process.

Katie said...

The room looks FANTASTIC!! So glad that you got it done before the little bambino makes his entrance! Also, I agree with Amy, you can take Sudafed...although, I wish we could take Sudafed SInus while pregnant. (I get horrible sinus migraines and that is the ONLY thing that helps ;( I guess I'll be able to take them in about 10 weeks!
Can't wait to see pictures of your new one!

Christine D said...

Oh Jen, everything looks so beautiful! Are you doing a Winnie The Pooh theme in the nursery? I love Winnie the Pooh!! I am so sorry you have had such a rough couple of weeks. I will continue to pray for you and your family. If there is any way I can help, please don't be hesitant to call!!!