Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day


First let me start off by announcing that it is my birthday week. Jared enjoys spoiling the birthday person during the entire week of their birthday instead of just on their birthday. So he came home with this gorgeous bouquet of flowers yesterday. I love the colors, it is so springy and purple! Love it! Thank you so much, Love you! 
It rained yesterday and melted all the little mounds of snow we had left. So there is no snow in our yard anymore. The grass is even showing signs of green, which is very exciting. Our yard is of course covered in dead leaves from the fall and I am wishing I had the energy and capacity to get out side and do some yard work. It has been pretty windy, so even if I could mange, it would probably be a waste. 

This past weekend Jeremy (Jared's brother), Lisa, & Makale came for a visit. Jeremy was so helpful with helping Jared get the fourth bedroom painted. Thank you so much, Jeremy. Jared is almost done with it. He has a friend coming over Thursday to get the carpet put in and then I think it will be complete. I am so excited and it is looking very good. Jared has done an awesome job on that room. Thanks again, your amazing! 

While Jeremy and Lisa were here we had the traditionally Corn Beef and Cabbage Meal as well as cupcake with green sprinkles as an early St. Patrick's Day celebration. The kids of course loved the cupcakes. 
(My camera was switched to the no flash mood, so all my pictures turned out fuzzy.) 



Today the Leprechauns came for a visit. The first thing the kids found in the morning was all their green toys piled high in the playroom. Leprechauns can't do a prank without leaving a treat, so they left these cute green hats on top of the pile for the kids. 
As you can see in this photo, Savannah is a little distort by the pile. She seemed really upset that her doll stroller was full of green toys. 
The kids of course loved the hats. 
Next, we went to get some cereal out of the cupboard and discovered that it was missing. In its place was rice and potatoes. RJ didn't think those sounded very good for breakfast so we went in search of the cereal. 
He found all the cereal in another cupboard as well as a new cereal treat the leprechauns left for us. They were so excited to have Lucky Charms for breakfast. 
The next surprise came when we opened the fridge to get the milk and found that it was green. RJ was a little worried that it would taste funny. But after I tested it for him he decided it was OK. 

Finally, RJ had to search the house for more pranks. He soon discovered all the shoes were hanging up on the coat racks. Silly Leprechauns. 

After an exciting morning, we sent RJ off to Preschool where he had some for Leprechaun fun. After Preschool we had a fun green lunch, (all except their sandwiches). RJ really thought this was the funnest day ever. He searched the house for Leprechauns most of the afternoon. I think next year we might have to make some Leprechaun traps. 
I love this photo. Savannah likes to look at you out of the coroner of her eyes and we have never been able to get it on camera until today, yea!
These are the leprechauns ears RJ made in Preschool

Hope your St. Patrick's Day was fun and exciting as well. 

10 comments:

jennie said...

I love this! You do some fun stuff for St. Patrick's Day. I'm totally copying you next year. How fun! I want to come and see your new room upstairs. I keep trying to picture it, but I can't! I hope you have the baby soon - those last few weeks are miserable! Kick your feet up and enjoy it! (Yeah right!) Good luck! By the way, what are you thinking of naming him?

Mike and Nikki said...

So much fun!!!! I love all your fun ideas. Here is an idea for next year. Get pistachio pudding mix and make it with the kids. It comes out of the box white and then when you mix it with water it turns green, so you ask them if they saw the leprechaun run through it as you were making it (this is one that we did with the kids at school). Also, put green paint on the side of your hand and press it on the floor (like on the tile). It makes excellent leprechaun foot prints.

Russ, Emily, Parker and Hannah said...

what a fun idea to have the leprechaun do tricks throughout the house. It looks like you had a fun day!

Lisa said...

You are so creative..I love all the fun pictures.

mkamye said...

The flowers are beautiful and you are such a fun mom! What great ideas! I'll have to try some of them next year. I've been very busy with a Relief Society project all day and didn't get to do anything fun except make Corned Beef and cabbage. I can't wait to see pics of the baby's room!

Harris Family said...

So many fun ideas! The kids looked like they had a great day! Good job. How are you feeling? I hope that your day comes soon for you! We'll be waiting to hear the news.

Janan said...

Okay, I am totally copying you next year! We just do the pinch if you don't have green on . . . but that excitement wears off after two seconds! So cute . . . I am definately copying you!!

Amy said...

Way too cute!! Great ideas. Let's get together sometime soon again.

Anonymous said...

What exiciting ideas your creativeness didn't come from me.

Aleena said...

What a great St. Patrick's Day you had! You are so creative! And Happy Birthday! Sorry I totally should have called you on the 19th or something, but my only excuse is a darling newborn that takes a lot of my time! Are you getting ready for your little one? Let me know when he comes!