Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Another Blog

So yes, I have started another blog. I wonder if there is some kind of award for the person with the most blogs. Anyway, this is one that I have had on my mind for a while. I have been trying to figure out how to go about it and what exactly I wanted to do. After debating about it for quite sometime and talking to others, I decided just to jump in and create something.

My Digital Scrapbook blog was first intended to lead some where else some day, but I decided that it is too personal; where I am sharing my families day to day life through scrap book pages. So I decided I needed to create another one for my other design purposes.

I have wanted to do something with my digital scrapbooking and have made a few photo announcements for others, which I very much enjoyed, but I could not ask for payment because the items I used were copyrighted. I tried creating kits myself, but just didn't enjoy it. I thought about hiring myself out to scrap other peoples photos, but I'd have to charge $15-$20 per page, and I am not so sure people would pay for that. (I'm a cheap scap, I wouldn't. So I would have a hard time asking for it). I have thought about offering classes but not sure how to go about doing it. Jared has mentioned before that I should create some templates and some other friends have encouraged me to do something with my talent, can I say talent? I'm not sure it is really much of a talent.

So, after much debating I finally decided just to do it, create somthing, and see where it goes. I created a template from a previous layout I made as well as some embellishments. I started a new blog called Jen's Digital Creations where I will post any template, embellsihemnt, or word art I create. For now everything is Free to download for personal use.

So if you know anybody who is into Digital Scrapbooking please pass my new blog along. Everybody could use Freebies.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I don't think there is an award, but you could keep adding new blogs and see if you get one. : )

I think your new blog is a great idea! I already have a friend in mind who I'll be referring it to.

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!!! I love that you are using your talent to help those around you! If you ever decide to do a digi class, I know a lot of ladies that would be interested. I could even ask some sisters in the ward. Just name your price!!;0)