Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fun April Fools Ideas plus a Baby Update

So here I am at 40 weeks, looking very yucky and swollen. Don't think my tummy can get much bigger.
I have past the 40 week mark. I had an appointment yesterday and was almost at 3 cm. I have had no contractions or labor signs. The doctor scheduled me to be induced, which was supposed to take place this morning. But I ended up cancelling the induction this morning. I just didn't feel right about it.
As you read before, I haven't been feeling too good. My doctor checked my throat and lymph nodes. The lymph nodes were very swollen and my throat was red. He took a strep test, which came out negative. But he gave my some antibiotics anyway to hopefully clear up whatever was going on. The antibiotics were supposed to kick in quickly and help with the nasal congestion. They however did not.
I woke up this morning, still unable to breath very well. And I was extremely exhausted from an uneasy sleep last night. I really didn't feel up to putting my body through labor. I didn't feel like I could handle it. So I called and cancelled the induction.
Unfortunately this week is a busy baby week and there were no more induction appointments available. So I am on my own, and I am okay with that. I have another doctor appointment for Friday afternoon, if I haven't had the baby yet, and then we'll go from there.
Today a friend took my kids off my hands, Rindee, thank you so very much!!!! I was able to get some well needed rest and the antibiotics seem to be kicking in a little. I am still suffering from stuffiness in my nose but the pressure isn't as extreme. I hope this is a sign that things are clearing up. I just pray that I will be rested enough and can breath through my nose by the time I do go into labor.
So tomorrow is April Fools and here is a little history I read this about it:
Most historians agree that April Fools' Day began when the Christian world adopted the new Gregorian calendar. According to the old calendar, the New Year was celebrated in the spring for eight days (the final day of celebration being April First), but because the new calendar was so different, the date of the New Year was changed to January First.Many of the people who lived in the countryside didn't know of the change for years, and continued celebrating the New Year during the spring. Those "in the know" thought this was hilarious and started to call the April celebrators "fools." From then on, these people began to go of their way during this particular season to make friends believe something that was false. And April Fools' Day was born!
April Fools recipe Ideas

I have had some of these recipes on hand to try someday. This year isn't the year, but maybe somebody out there might want to trick their family at dinner tomorrow night. They all look pretty fun and my family should be warned, that next year might be their year for a fun dinner surprise.
(If you click on the pictures, you should be taken to the recipe link)
First is this yummy cake. Could you serve cake for dinner??? You could if it was really meatloaf. And if you don't want to do a whole cake, try these yummy looking spring cupcakes. (Also meatloaf)

I love the looks of these tacos which are actually a tasty ice cream treat.



Then there is this fun Berry Soda which may be hard to sip out of a straw.


Here is another trick meal that looks like a kid pleaser. Can you guess what it is really made of?

And finally some french fries and ketchup or should I say bread sticks and seedless strawberry jam. Yummy!

There are so many other fun April Fools Day recipes online. Hope you have a wonderfully fun April 1st!

5 comments:

TEAM HATHAWAY said...

Seriously-I'm glad I could help! I DO know how it feels and hope you'll look to me again when you need something. I'm afraid that sleep will not be a companion of yours for a while....at least it wasn't for me at that stage. Actually, it still isn't!?!?!

Kristen Norton said...

Hi Jen, For a person due to give birth any day and as sick as you are, you look super! All the best to you in the coming days! Kristen

Janan said...

Jen, I hope you are kidding when you say you look aweful!!! Hello!! I honestly am wondering if you aren't just hiding a basketball under that shirt . . . you look great! Here is too a fast, and easy labor (does that exist??)!!

jennie said...

I hope you feel better soon! I'm so sorry you're sick - what a miserable time to be sick!! You really DO look great. I was looking at your picture thinking that I wish I had that little of a bum when I was that pregnant! Good luck this next week!!

Nathan and Gemma said...

I hope you can get well enough to deliver, sounds like you are having a miserable time, you're almost there GOOD LUCK!!!! We can't wait to see the newest baby Wight!