Life in the Wight House

Sunday, February 15, 2009

An update on us

So this is my 300th post. Wow!

I don't have any photos to share with you this week. I do have a new favorite scrap book page that I will share at the bottom of this post.
We haven't done too much in the way of excitement. RJ got sick again. This time with a bronchiole infection. He had an awful cough that he picked up from Preschool and then he started complaining about his ear. So I took him in. Turned out he had a really bad ear infection in one ear as well as the beginning signs of Pneumonia. Glad I took him is.
He was on Amoxicillin for about 10 days. Just finished the stuff up on Friday. He hated taken the nasty stuff. We sat in the kitchen for about 20 minutes waiting for him to finish 1 teaspoon. Couldn't get it in his head to chug it down fast. He is so stubborn and had to do it his way, the tiny tiniest sips at a time. I am so glad that is over and he is doing well.
He actually never really acted too sick. He only complained about his ear once. Last time he had an ear infection he had never once complained. He must not be too sensitive to his ears. His cough was awful but he never acted sick. But all in all he is all better and I'm grateful for that.
It has been on my mind to introduce RJ to sounding out words just to see how he would do. He knows most of the letter sounds and has for awhile, so I thought we should move on to the next step of reading. I finally got some easy to read books and sat down with him. To my amazement RJ is a Pro. I helped him with the first page, showing him how to sound out a word. He seemed to already know this and continued on sounding out all the words in the book. He went through two books. He was so excited to be able to read. And I was so excited and amazed at how well he picked it up with little frustration. (And if you know RJ, he gets frustrated very easily)
Other then that, RJ is waiting as patiently as he can for his 5th birthday. Can't believe my little guy is almost 5!
Savannah has been doing her same thing, trying to run the house. She likes to tell RJ what he can and can't do. She seriously picks out his cereal each morning and gets so upset when he doesn't want what she has chosen for him. She refuses to let me pick out her outfits. She knows what she wants to wear each day and it almost always has to be pink. I have been amazed that the last two days she as worn purple, it was nice for a change.
A cute experience I want to note happened Friday. I took her grocery shopping with me while RJ stayed home with Daddy. Since it was the day before Valentine's Day there were tons of flowers in the store and lots of people buying flowers. Savannah wanted a flower so bad. I can't believe how much fresh cut flowers cost! I let her smell a few but told her she'd have to talk to daddy about getting some flowers. Later Jared called to see how close we were to coming home. She asked to talk to him and told him that she wanted flowers. She is such a girl! Jared however never made it to the store. Maybe next year.
Also while at the store, she saw a pink dress she really wanted. She begged and begged me to get it. Here is the conversation:
Me: Do you have money to buy the dress?
Savannah: Yes
Me: Oh really!? Where is your money?
Savannah: In Mommy's Pocket!
What a smarty pants she is trying out to be. Poor thing didn't get a dress either. But both her and RJ got a small box of chocolates for Valentines Day that they were excited about.
Another thing about Savannah is she has been counting everything! She loves to count. I often wonder if she is going to me some kind of mathematician.
Jared has been busy with work. He has another trip this week to Tennessee and then a couple weeks after that he is going to Argentina. There is a third trip planned to Austria the middle of March but I told him he couldn't go. He is pretty bummed about missing that one.
No news on Belgium yet. Looks like the money for the project is starting to roll in. But Jared isn't sure that going for an extended period is the best option. But we won't make any plans till the offer is on the table.
Other then that he has been working on the third bedroom upstairs. He started it last winter and got half the sheet rock up. He came to a problem and spring hit so he stopped working on it. He never got back to working on it again till a few weeks ago. I told him I really wanted it for the babies room and needed it done by March so I had at least three or four weeks to go through all the baby stuff I have hidden in the basement.
Jared is all done with the sheet rock and has just finished the first layer of mud and tape. Hopefully with all his trips he can meet his March deadline. I really am itching to get out all the baby stuff and see what I have and what I still need.
I am doing good. Feeling VERY big. My maternity pants aren't fitting and my shirts are starting to feel like mid-drifts. I have a hard time bending over and getting out of the couch. I am ready to be done! But other then that, I do feel good and am still able to run around after the kids (even though I am running around a lot slower!). The kids have been a big help lately. They have been playing really well together and have been helping more when it comes to picking up. I am grateful for that.

Ok, so that was a long update. Here is my latest Scrap Book Page. It was a challenge from Scrap Girls to do a page in Black, White, & ______. I chose Black, White, & Green. I had this picture that I really wanted to turn B&W but still leave the green color in Savannah's eyes. It was perfect for the challenge. And I love the way it came out. The journaling just talks about Savannah's eye color and how the green came from Jared and I love them.

4 comments:

Gurgi said...

She is so cute.
You´re really talented!

Mike and Nikki said...

Poor RJ. I am glad he wasn't affected by the cold too much. There are some really nasty things going around right now! Hang in there! Only a few more weeks to go! Your scrapbook page looks amazing too!

Aleena said...

Thanks for the update! Jared sure is quite the traveler. Your kids are so cute! What are the books you started RJ reading. I've been wanting to do that with Lea too. Send me an email or comment on my blog. Maybe I'll get the same books. What a great scrapbook page! I love it! And I totally understand the feeling big part of being 8 months pregnant. Can you believe I only have 4 weeks left!?! Crazy!

mkamye said...

Jen, what books did you use with RJ? I think Austin is ready for sounding out words too. I've checked our library for really simple books but haven't had much luck.