Life in the Wight House

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Our Weekend

This is what I am going to miss the most when we move, family get togethers.
My Aunt Annette and Uncle Charlie stopped in Rexburg on their way to Montana to celebrate their 10th wedding anniversary. Annette is my cousin Heather's mother. Anette and Charlie stayed with Heather one night and Heather and Jesse had us all over for dinner along with my Aunt Marilyn and their family. It has been nice having an aunt and cousins so close. I will miss that in Virgina!

So Heather and I tried yet again to get a picture of Milo and Zachery together, still unsuccessful. This is the best one I got, maybe Heather got a better one. I like how Zach has his thumb in his mouth and Milo is staring at it as if to say, "Dude, that's your thumb. What's up with that? You really need to try some real food. That's where the good stuff is." Or maybe he is thinking "Hmmm, that looks like it might be kind of good." Anyway, Milo is almost exactly 6 months older then Zachery. It has always amazed me how much they grow in such a few short months.


We were in charge of dessert and Jared decided to bring his hand crank ice cream maker and put all the kids to work.



Milo was very intrigued with the ice.

Savannah disappeared for awhile and I finally found her under the porch building a rock tower.

What do uncles do best?? They Tickle!

My Aunt Marilyn with Zachery.

Jesse pinned RJ and Seth down and Savannah decided it would be fun to tickle them.



So that was our Friday, Saturday was the INL employee picnic. Lots of free food and fun. We look forward to these picnics and I hope Jared's new company might have some as well.


This princess castle was a HUGE hit! Savannah of course loved it because it was princess but RJ loved it because there were a bunch of obstacles inside and villains to fight.


It was HOT!!! And the fire department had their hose out for us which made a great cooling off spot.
The kids even got to go inside the fire truck.


All you can eat cotton candy, snow cones, and ice cream bars. We were all sugared out by the end of the night.

At the end of the day the kids gather around in a big mosh pit and the rest of the game prizes are thrown out for the taking. RJ got a Huge loot.

5 comments:

Sammie said...

Wow, what fun gatherings.
The castle looks really cool. Never seen one like it.
Sugar, fun, toys, water, what else could a kid ask for!
Love you guys. Zach is getting so big!

Geniel Bartley said...

Love seeing thefamily gathering. Will miss hearing what the family in Idaho is doing. The blog is a great away of knowing what family is doing will miss this part has you move to Virginia

Kristen Norton said...

Great fun here, Jen! I especially like the picture of Zach looking right at the camera! Congratulations on your move--all the best to you during this time!

Heather said...

I'm going to miss you guys too. :(

I'll try to send you the picture I got of Milo and Zach together. I don't really think it's better, just a little different. Those silly boys. I think Milo is thinking the thumb looks pretty good.

Whoa! That employee picnic look like a state fair! It also sounds like tons of fun.

Heather said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for sharing the cute pictures of Milo with the ice. They are so cute.