Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Weekend with Grandma Pearce and Cousin Makale

These photos are from June 25th-28th.

Grandma Pearce (Jared's mom) came for a visit and brought Makale along, who she was watching while his parents were in NC for the weekend. The kids loved having Grandma around and enjoyed the time playing with their cousin.

Sammie watched the kids while I went shopping. It was nice to finally shop with one kid again and Zachery slept the whole time, so it turned out to be a wonderful break. While I was gone the kids made cupcakes.



Savannah and Makale covered my bathroom floor with water, but they had a blast doing it. After this photo was taken we stopped the water fight and dried everybody up.


Before bed RJ and put on a show and Makale chimed in with the homemade shaker.

Saturday we went to a small free carnival. The kids had a blast and we loved that everything, included lunch, was free.





I love the way RJ is sitting here.


The man with the ponies was kind enough to let both RJ and Savannah sit on a pony for a picture. Makale was too busy running around to pet and sit on the pony.


Face painting!
RJ wanted to look like Indiana Jones. The face painting lady gave him glasses and some stubble. In the end RJ thought he looked like a leopard.


Savannah wanted to look like a princess

(I can never get her to look at the camera)

Makale wasn't into the face painting.

Zachery slept through the entire event.

Grandma bought each one of the kids a fun activity to do. Makale got some play dough toys which he loved and played with for hours.

RJ built and painted and air plane, he is so into building things, he loved every minute of it. And Savannah's project was to decorate a princess mirror with glitter and rhinestones. She showed off her mirror for days after it was all dried.

Talking on the phone to mommy.

Jumping on the tramp.

I love these next two pictures of Savannah. I, of course, think she is the prettiest little girl and I always have the hardest time getting her to look at the camera. After following her around outside and taken several shots I finally got these two photos were she looked at the camera!!! I was so excited. Can't wait to scrap them.



Puzzle time.
My two kids love doing puzzles.




RJ has been begging me to have a water balloon fight for weeks. We finally decided to break out the balloons. The kids had fun. Makale was a little confused but he enjoyed picking up handfuls of balloons and throwing them in the grass.



3 comments:

Sammie said...

Oh my gosh, reminds me of just how much fun it was to spend with all of you! Thanks for a wonderful visit.
Love the pics!

Mike and Nikki said...

So fun! I love how RJ thought he looked like a leopard! Great pictures!

Christine Dallimore said...

It looks like you guys are having quite the fabulous summer!!! I do love the pictures of Savannah too!