Life in the Wight House

Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Pirate Bash

After Christmas I asked RJ what kind of B-day he wanted. I have made a special cake for him every year and wanted to start planning what kind of cake to make this year. For his 2nd b-day I made a train cake and for his 3rd b-day I made a "Cars" cake. This year RJ said he wanted a Pirate Cake.
Not only is he having a special cake this year, but we are going to throw him a party with his friends instead of with just family as we did in the past. This past week we have been planning it out and last minute, unfortunately because I could have been ordering some cool stuff online. Now it would cost a fortune to have it shipped by his party. Oh well, you live and learn.
We are going to have some fun stuff, I am just going to have to be creative and make it myself. The first being this invitation. I stole the idea from some website online.











We put the invites in a bottle and RJ dressed in his pirate costume and hand delivered them to everyone. He is really excited for this party.











Here he is getting into character saying "Aargh!

6 comments:

christa said...

Adorable! All that is so cute and creative!! I'm hoping one year Eva wants a "Princess" themed pary and I was going to get a costume and have one of the young women in our ward dress up as a princess and had out all the invitations! I love birthday partys, it's is fun to celebrate when you gave birth to your child! It looks like fun, I wish we could come!

Aleena said...

Super cute, of course, Jen! That's going to be a fun party for sure! I can't wait to see pictures!

Sammie said...

What an adorable pirate! Only wish we could be there to help celebrate.
Wow, 4 already!
RJ, Grandma Sammie misses you!

Lisa said...

Jen, that's so cute! You're so creative. I bet he will have so much fun.

Lisa said...

Have a fun party!!!!And next year we could be there to celebrate him turning 5. WOW

christa said...

I had to tell you, I was at the dentist today and saw something that would be awesome at your pirate party. It was on familyfun.com and it was a "stone" you could make and put "barried treasure" in it...it was SO cute, it was under concoctions(I know I spelled that wrong) anyway, it was all homemade, it seemed pretty easy, just a thought...not that you need anymore ideas, I'm sure.