Life in the Wight House

Friday, February 29, 2008

Spoke too soon

SO I posted the post about Belgium too soon. There was some miscommunication somewhere. While the Lab here in Idaho has been planning on having Jared go to Belgium for awhile to design some hardware, the Belgium's had other plans. While in a meeting over in Belgium Jared was told that he wasn't needed. The hardware was already designed. He, as well as the others who went, were surprised to here this. Jared of course was crushed, he was looking forward to this excellent opportunity to work with a foreign nation. Can you imagine months of excitement and anticipation only to be told flat out you aren't needed. So anyway, we will not be going to Belgium in April anymore. I am of course disappointed as well. I was so looking forward to this chance to discover Europe.
There is some good news. I don't understand it exactly. As I talked to Jared by Web Cam, it was hard to understand exactly what he was saying. The web cam kept cutting out, plus all this engineer stuff goes over my head. It takes me at least 20 times of hearing what he is doing to get it enough to explain it to others. Anyway, the good news: Jared will get to go to Belgium two more times. The end of March and then the end of April. On top of that there is a possibility that we all can go through August and September. Not sure why exactly, or what he is doing now. I am sick of this roller coaster. First we were going, then we weren't, then we were again. Up and down. I am too the point that I will believe it when I have the plane tickets in my hands.
After a week in Belgium, Jared will finally be home late tomorrow night. Once I understand more of what is going on I'll let you know.

2 comments:

christa said...

OH man! That always happens to me too Jen! You get so excited and tell everyone about something and then it falls through...oh well, I understand don't feel bad about it...hopefully when Jared gets back he can explain it better and maybe you'll be able to have yout Europe adventure after all. Life is crazy!

Katie said...

SO SAD!! You know what...go anyway! ;-) (not sure how you are going to pay for it, but go anyway!) Haha, well, we are hoping that you get to go in August..What an adventure it would be! Too bad they won't reimburse you for your passports...