Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Camera Fun

While in California, I finally found some time to study my camera's manual and photography tutorials I have had on my to do list for months. I still have a ton to learn but I started practicing using my camera in manual mode. I finally started a basic knowledge of F-stops and shutter speeds. Here are my first pictures taken manual
(out of the automatic modes!)My mom's first rose of the season.




I love walking around the creeks near my parents home, especially in the winter and spring time when everything is so green.




Back at home, enjoying his favorite cracker, the Graham cracker.







I have always wanted a purple tree. I was so excited when I came back to Virgina and everything was in bloom, and was even more pleased to discover my front tree is purple!!

1 comment:

mkamye said...

Your purple tree is gorgeous!!

It would be interesting to see a side by side of a photo taken in automatic and manual mode, just to see the difference. The pics look great though!