Life in the Wight House

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Silly Leprechauns

So, I thought I had more pictures of our eventful Leprechaun Day, but I can't seem to find them. I either imagined that I took pictures or I deleted them, opps.
This year RJ decided to make a trap to catch the Leprechauns in hopes of getting the Leprechaun Gold. I remembered clipping some trap ideas from the Family Fun magazine last year and I pulled them out for RJ to look at. But he refused. He said he already had the best trap idea and refused to make one that was printed in a magazine. He explained what he wanted to do and I helped find the tools and supplies he needed. His design was pretty dang good and both Jared and I couldn't figure out how a Leprechaun was going to escape his trap, if it was silly enough to be fooled by the giant gold piece RJ used as bait. The idea: The Leprechaun would see the rainbow and the giant cold coin. He wouldn't be able to resist the gold and once he grabbed it and tried to carry it off, the box would fall on top of him.

The night before St. Patrick's Day, RJ was just too excited to fall asleep. He finally did make it asleep but woke around midnight and came running into our room telling us how the Leprechauns had been in his room and caused all kind of havoc. I went to see what in the world he was talking about and sure enough, the Leprechauns had turned his night stand upside down, as well as the rocking chair and Zachery's rocking horse. They also hung RJ's Indiana Jones Hat from the light fixture.

We fixed the chaos and I told RJ to go back to bed. He came in our room several times after that worrying about the Leprechauns being in our house. At 2:30 I finally let him crash on our bedroom floor.

In the morning we went and checked on his trap. It wasn't by the couch where we left it. We found it by the back door and a hole was chewed out of the side where the little green guy escaped. Luckily, he wasn't too upset with us. He left behind plenty of green Hershey kisses as well as a box of Lucky Charms. However he did turn our milk green and piled all our green toys in the living room. RJ was relieved to discover that the Leprechauns weren't mean just a little silly. He also says next year he will remember that they are really strong and he is already thinking about next years trap.


1 comment:

Christine Dallimore said...

That Leprichaun trap is about the cutest things I have EVER seen!!! That and Savannah's face made me giggle! Such a sad face....she is SO adorable in her new haircut though. I bet it will be nice for her this summer!!!