Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Almost Better

After a week and a half of being sick we are finally all on the mend. It hasn't been very fun.
This is Savannah on her Nebulizer. She hated it at first and we had to do it for 10 minutes every four hours. She would scream and try to run away each time we got it out but then once on, it would only take about 10 sec. for her to relax and sit still through the 10 minutes of breathing it's vapors. Sometimes I felt like I was gassing her because I had to hold her down to get her mask on and then once the vapors started she would relax. After the first two days, she stopped wrestling with me and even assisted me with getting the mask on and turning on and off the machine.
Her wheezing has stopped so we are now done with breathing treatment. She like the rest of us just has a little running nose and cough, almost all better!!
I came down with the awful aches and chills the night of my B-day. Jared had even bought me my favorite B-Day cake-Angel Food Cake with strawberries and whip cream-but I didn't even have the appetite to eat it. We tried to have some the next day but our taste buds weren't working right and ended up throwing half the cake out.
By Saturday we were starting to feel a little better and made it to the store to buy a few things for the kids for Easter. We also made it for to Jumba Juice for a nice fruit smoothie with an immunity boost added. It was nice to get some fresh air. The brief trip exhausted our energy and we were all in bed by 8. Sunday the kids were back to their normal selfs and I was feeling much better as well. Jared unforutnaliy was very under the weather. OUr neighbors came over and gave him a blessing. He couldn't afford to miss another day of work. Luckily Monday morning, he was blessed to feel much better and was bale to go to work. A couple more days and we should all be 100%.

No comments: