Life in the Wight House

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Trip to Lava Hot Springs


When Jared got back from Belgium, he surprised me with a mini vacation to Lava Hot Springs. It was very sweet of him. All he told me was that I better get someone to teach my Primary Class on Sunday because we wouldn't make to our Ward meeting. He packed up everything while I was in the shower. I had my suspicions, but he was doing a pretty good job about being discrete. He even asked me what we ere having for dinner. So I thought this was going to be a day trip, until I noticed my toothbrush was missing.
We first drove to Rexburg where we dropped the kids off at my Aunts, that was a surprise and I stressed a little worrying if he had packed everything they needed. But he did good I really didn't need to worry. And then we drove back south and that is where I guessed where we were going. There really aren't that many cool places to go in Idaho for a quick get away. But it was very nice. I had never been to Lava, and again there is nothing there except the Hot Springs. He rented this cute little cottage which has it's own private hot tub. (This photo was taken off their site, since I didn't take any pictures while we were there. You can tell because it looks like summer in this photo, there was really snow on the ground.) Anyway, Jared thought of everything, he even brought me three different shirts, so I could decide what to wear the next day. But what he did forget was my swim suit. How do you plan a trip to the Hot Spring and forget a Swim Suit. He remembered his. I really think he forgot it on purpose, but he swore he didn't plan it that way. Oh well, either way, I got a new swim suit. It was a nice get away. Jared is on another trip to Virgina right now so that night off with no kids was well needed. Isn't he the best!!!! I am very lucky!

5 comments:

christa said...

AMAZING!! How sweet, what a good husband. That sounds like the perfect break that you needed. I would have totally worried about the kids clothes too! We are such moms!

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!!!yea for a cousin reunion.

Lisa said...

How fun! What a nice get-away! Very much needed, I'm sure. And "swim suit"? who needs one, right? j/k! TOTALLY just kidding.

Lisa said...

Where did you find one way out there in the boonies, anyhow?

Katie said...

That is AWESOME!! I bet it was a much needed vacation...and forgetting the swimsuit was very cleverly planned! ;)