Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Happy Easter



I know that St. Patrick's Day hasn't come yet but I felt I needed to change my Blog to Celebrate the Easter Season. If I waited till after St. Patrick's day I would only have a week till Easter and I feel Easter is so much more important then St. Patrick's Day. (even thought both Jared & I have some Irish blood running through us)

I have been reading a little lately about what Christ did and can do for us. And my heart has been touched by the great gift he has given us. In this months Ensign, President Packer wrote an excellent Article about Jesus Christ. And in it he said "Because of the Fall, the Atonement was absolutely essential for resurrection to proceed and overcome mortal death. The Atonement was absolutely essential for men to cleanse themselves from sin and overcome the second death, spiritual death which is separation from our Father in Heaven, for the scriptures tell us eight times that no unclean thing may enter the presence of God."

With out the Atonement we can not reunite with our Heavenly Father. It is only through Christ that we can live with God again. I have always known this but it really hit a deeper understanding as I was studying that article.


Christ is our Savior, our Lord, our Redeemer, our Advocate with the Father. He ransomed us with his blood. Without him we could not hope to be like the Father. Words can not express the deep gratitude that I feel when I think of His sinless sacrifice.

He Lives and through Him we can live too.

Happy Easter.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing, Jen. I, too, started reading the Ensign yesterday and was touched by the testimonies in it and several of the articles. The church and especially this month's Ensign has brought much joy and happiness and HOPE to my life, I will be sharing it with others.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
christa said...

I love this time of year. I've really been trying to teach Eva the true meaning of Easter and this year I think she's starting to understand it more. We had a great FHE about it...plus Spring is coming and it's just a great time of year! Thanks for sharing your testimony.