Life in the Wight House

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We can finally see some grass!

It was a beautiful sunny day yesterday and warmer then it has been all year. This has been the longest winter that we have had in the 5+ years I have been in Idaho. The temperatures have been below average and they are forecasting snow again on Friday.
But today was nice. The snow was melting and I can now see some grass. We went out yesterday and did a little shopping. RJ was in need of a new white shirt and I found the cutest Easter Dress for Savannah, on Sale at Kohl's. It is so hard to find a good easter dress. I went to so many stores trying to find exactly what I wanted. Kohl's was the first store but I didn't buy it because I wanted to see what I could find else where. Needless to say I didn't find anything better and I will be going back to Kohl's today to pick it up. I wanted a short sleeved dress or one that came with a sweeter and I was hoping to buy something that wasn't pink. Who knew that was going to be a hard find. Nothing is short sleeved, they are all sleeve less, which is fine but we live in cold country here and it was hard to find a sweeter for any of the sleeveless dressed. If I did find something, there was nothing in her size. The dress I am getting is very cute. It does have no sleeves but it does come with a sweeter. It is pink, but mostly white. I am not against pink but I was just hoping for something a little different. It is a cute dress and it was originally $50 and it was on Sale for $22. Can't beat that at all. I am so excited to go back this afternoon and get. Now I just wish for some extra cash so I could get a new dress as well.
Ok, back to my pictures. This is the front yard and as you can see there is more snow out front. The sun doesn't hit the front as much as it does the back so our front yard will have snow for a while. Jared bought me flowers the other day. Even thought I can't plant them, I have enjoyed have a little bit of Spring inside. (BTW these pictures were all taken in the evening, thats why it is a little gray outside)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Ooh. I love the flowers! That is so thoughtful. It gives nice color to the room, I bet. And there is still TONS of snow up here. And it snowed again today. I'm not complaining too much. We need it too badly here.