Life in the Wight House

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fun times

This week has just been a typical ordinary week. Playing in the yard, cleaning up messes, stopping fights, trying to get some quiet time, etc. I did mange to take several pictures through it all.

After hearing many comments from friends about how well they enjoyed the twilight series, I requested a copy at the library. I was number 24 on the waiting list. Luckily they had at least ten copies so it only took a week to get a copy. I finished reading it early this week and very much enjoyed it. I am waiting for my copy of book number two which I should be able to get Monday.
I have been pulling weeds in the garden. I almost have them all out. I might think twice about having such a large garden next year. My strawberry patch produced its first strawberry and I had to take a picture of it. I was so very excited. We tired a strawberry patch in St. Anthony but it failed. But it looks like I will get a few this year. And this one tasted very yummy. I was lucky enough to get to it before Savannah :)

We have been working a little with Savannah using the potty. She doesn't really know when she needs to go but does know when she has gone. We generally sit her on the potty in the morning when she wakes up and is dry or before she gets into the tub. And she likes to go after RJ uses the potty as well and she has gone a couple of times rather then just sitting. I am crossing my fingers that she will have this down this fall.

We spent most of the week outside enjoying the nice warm weather. The kids played in the backyard and had lunch on their play set just about every day. We also enjoyed or weekly excursion to story time at the library and a trip to the park afterwards. We finally used our Funland coupons that the kids got for reading. They got one free ride at the park and RJ has been bugging me for weeks to use it. After Funland we signed up for swimming lessons, which will start next week. RJ is so excited for it. .
Savannah and Sally looking at the kittens next door.
After stories the library provides a craft for the kids to do. This weeks stories were on hats so the kids created their own silly hats.
Savannah always has to check out a Strawberry shortcake movie.


We went to the temple Friday night for our date night. Afterwards we went to DI to pick up a few things for Scout Camp next week. While there we found this cute little desk perfect for the kids for $25. We put all there art supplies and play dough, etc. in the desk. They love it. It is just the right size for them and it keeps them off the kitchen table. (which really isn't that great of a table, but it is not not to have to clean up their mess each time it is time to eat)

After weeks of not having the jeep charged, we finally charged it again and the kids have been riding it every night. Oh, and Thrusday night we had some friends over for dinner. Kind of an interesting story. But Amy Weston (now Jeppson) found Jared on Facebook. She is from Fairfield and they knew each other in High School I knew her a little bit from church Stake activities. Anyways, she married a guy from Vacaville but they wound up her in Idaho Falls. They have been here a year. So we got together for a BBQ. She has four kids, the oldest it RJ's age. They had a blast together.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Talk about an event filled weekend! Awesome. Fun, fun, fun! And congrats on the great find at D.I. Love it!

christa said...

Don't you love twilight? I didn't want to read it at first b/c EVERYONE was reading it but I finally did and I'm totally obsessed. It makes me feel young again...like when you were first in love :)