Life in the Wight House

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weekend in Utah

This last weekend we took a trip down to Utah. We had wanted to go sometime this summer and visit a few friends that are moving away as well as see Doug and Erica's new baby. Our weekends are quickly feeling up this summer with Jared's business travel and other plans. Sammie and Scott (Jared's parents) were going to Utah for a cousins reunion so we thought it would be a prefect excuse to get down to Utah for a visit as well. Friday night we had dinner with Sammie, Scott, and his brother's family. RJ was so excited to see Grandma. After dinner we headed down to Pleasant Grove to visit with my best friend from High School and her family. Her daughter Lea and RJ are about three months apart. They enjoyed playing together and I wish we were closer so they could play together all the time. They however might be moving back to CA soon and I don't see any plans of us moving back in the next few years. Isn't this such a cute pic.! And here we are, two of my bestest friends from High School. Aleena is in the middle and Heather on the right. Heather is planning on moving to Penn. this fall so I'm not sure when I will get to see her again. I hadn't seen her for about two years, so I am so glad we were able to get together.
Aleena and Dan have a couple of Sugar Gliders. Savannah adored them. She is turning out to be a real animal lover. She was able to feed them some mill worms and thought that was the neatest thing. Saturday afternoon we went down to Spanish Fork and visited with Doug and Erica. We got to see their cute new baby girl and the kids enjoyed playing with the twins, Seth and Ethan. We spent to Jumpin' Jacks and RJ keeps asking when we can go back.

Sunday we headed back up to Riverton and spent the rest of the day with Sammie and Scott and his family. We celebrated Scott's Dad's 82 b-day. It was fun to see and visit with the family. Cuddling with Grandma

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yea! I found you! Jen, this is Heather your cousin. Sierra told me you had a blog and she told me the address from memory. I am glad I got it right.

Your trip to Utah looks like it was great. We actually took a trip to Idaho over the weekend. It is like we traded places!

You should be able to get to my blog by clicking on my name and then linking to my blog.

Take care